Taking the end off a squart

Stereo Steve

Novice Member
I need a 10m scart lead from DVD/sat/PS2 to my LCD TV and I'm thinking of investing in something decent. I have seen a 10m QED Squart lead whihch looks the business but the problem is, I need to pass it through length of doestic waste pipe (about 2") that I have channeled into the wall (TV is wall mounted).

How easy is it to remove a plug from one end of a squart and then replace again. I don't wand to spend £100 odd and find I can't do it.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Stereo Steve

Its a two minute job to take the hoods off of a SQART cable - there are two Alan head screws that once removed allow you to dismantle the clam shell; though keep in mind you'll have the locking collar still on the cable and you'll want to give the connector bloc a bit of protection when pulling it through your cable runs.

Best regards

Joe

Stereo Steve

Novice Member
Thanks Joe, I don't think the block will go through the pipe either (will be tight as it has a 90 degree bend at the top. I guess it might just. How about removing the individual terminals from the block? I think I'll try taking the cover off a cheap scart and see if I can get it through before I invest in a 10m one.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Steve

LX tape wrapped around the connector usually works and sometimes a bit of Vaseline or similar over the LX tape will help it along the pipe chase; a bit messy but easily cleaned up and far easier than trying to re solder one of these cables.

Best regards

Joe