1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking control.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Smokin..o0O, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Smokin..o0O

Smokin..o0O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi.
    I think I know what I want, but I have no idea how to go about it.
    I want to control various bits of A/V kit.
    Plasma, amp/receiver, projector, and electric screen.

Knowing nothing about the technology available to achieve this, and having read quite a lot on here about remote controls, I thought I should ask for help, and reduce my headaches :confused:

I would also like to be able to control the low voltage lighting which I will be installing when I get round to hanging the new ceiling around the new DRH screen when it arrives.
    I hear the learning curve of managing the Pronto type remote is steep, but I think that's possibly the way to go.
    I guess the control of the A/V equipment should be quite straight forward, but I don't know if the control of the screen and lighting would be possible from 1 remote control.

All I need to know is what kind of kit is required if it is possible, and I'll head off in search of it.

2. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    As far as I know it's all "controlable" from Pronto - so long as you set it up correctly of course.
    This site is probably recogonised as the best for (you've guessed it) remotes.