1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a photo of my home cinema

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MrSafety, Jul 15, 2004.

1. MrSafety

MrSafety

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is probably a silly question but how do I take a photo of a screenshot of a movie as displayed by my projector? I have a 1.3Mp point&shoot digital camera and I tried to take some photos last night and they all came out blurry. Do I need particularly bright scenes for the photos to come out or is there some simple trick I am missing?

thanks

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    Ideally pause the picture and then either move closer to the projected image or zoom the camera to fill the viewfinder/lcd screen, this will give the camera enough light to work with so as to provide a high enough shutter speed to reduce the risk of blurring the picture, which will be caused by camera shake. Alternatively use a tripod and the camera's timer :)

[​IMG]

3. Tonmeistermat

Tonmeistermat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    some pj's have a freeze frame function on them... that's a good way of getting a stable picture... also, try resting the camera on a table (if you've not got a tripod) so it doesn't wobble!