Taken and 24

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Really enjoyed both shows this weekend.

Taken, well thats just mad, that little girl is so powerful!, its like watching a aliens version of x-files, but actually seeing ships and aliens, mulder would love this. Loving it.

24, brill as usually, just finishes to quick!!, oh nena, the stares!.

ta

rai

Have dropped Taken. Watched about 8 episodes I think and just given up. Wasn't holding my attention.

24 well I just can't be bothered. I mean when would they need to bring Jack back in? Can't they cope without him or something?

Both get top marks as they´re about the only two series that have managed to keep me glued to the TV.

(Apart from Band Of Brothers!):smashin:

I enjoy 24 greatly, but Taken is shear brilliance!! :smashin:

The writing is superb and the way the story develops is excellent! The acting is v.good also - That little girl is amazing :eek: - she should win a best actress gong or something!

And the fact that each episode is feature length doesn't hurt either! ;)

:smashin:

Yep - I absolutely love Taken too. It's just gotten better and better. I have even been watching the repeat & the new episode back-to-back recently. :cool:

As for 24, well I have never seen a single episode (!) but my folks just bought me the season one box-set for my b'day so that'll be pretty groovy when I finally get round to watching it.

MuFu.

wasent sure they'd be able to keep that 'minute by minute' attention grabbing for a second series, but they have done, very well yet again - so far so excellent.

Taken

I thought the earlier episodes had a good mix of 'x-files' meets 'dark skies' feel to it, but these later ones are leaning a little too much to spielberg wholesome 'close encounters' imagery for my liking. Another thing i thought well out of order, was in a recent episode (hostage/siege one), as a quip about the x-files was made. This is like the makers are saying - this is real, and the other program was make-believe - very cheap, and not what i would have expected from a spielberg production.

Still keep watching though.

Watched the first few episodes of 24 this week, and I agree it's an excellent series. One question though, was the Fire Chief played by Donald Sutherland? he was only in it for a few seconds.

As for Taken, I've been watching 2 episodes every othe week, and was looking forward to the final 2 parts last week, but true to form BBC3 didn't show part 10 *****rds.

Enjoy 'Taken' very much.
Have just received the 24 boxset (£24.99) from Choices Direct. Hoping to watch some over the weekend.
Apparently, there is a UFO/ALIEN night on Saturday on the BBC (2/3) ? The final episode of Taken will be shown then.

thanks for the heads-up on the alien/ufo night tomorrow.

btw - did anyone see the 'alien encounters in britain' thing after last weeks episode (Taken on BBC2, then switched to BBC3). About the Brentwater Airbase incident - very good, though i wish they would confront the debunkers/sceptics with the eye-witness evidence, they would find very hard to explain.

I felt sorry for the little girl in taken. She seemed to have her head trapped in what looked like a rather large easter egg for a couple of episodes.

Poor little thing, but she shouldn't be so greedy I suppose. :nono:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom