1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taken aback

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Samuelkaye2, Nov 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Samuelkaye2

Samuelkaye2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,
    Earier today i was in a local comsumer electronics store contemplating buying a new tv. Having originally been dead set on buying an lcd(either the hitachi 28" or the sharp 32") i was somewhat taken back by flatron crt's, which seemes to deliever a much better image quality in comparison (i was especially pleased there was no horizontal smearing which i found there was on both the lcd's). SO my question is, ruling out the sheer depth of the crt's and the general 'lookability' that lcd has over crt i cannot understand why it would appeal more than a new flatron. :lease:
    Thanks,
    Sam

2. APC

APC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

You've pinpointed some of the reasons.

I used to think the same thing, and even flirted with plasmas at one stage, but:

Many here want to
    a) use their LCDs as a home theatre PC. CRTs don't cut it.
    b) wall-mount their telly
    c) avoid having a huge beast in the corner of their nice living rooms belching out loads of heat.
    d) Trade off the small and ever-decreasing disadvantages of LCD pic quality against a), b) and c).

There are undoubtedly many other reasons! :) :)

3. Skiny

Skiny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, it's pretty much impossible to find a decent size CRT over here, that is HDTV compatible.