Take a moment...

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be 4 years since my Dad died. For those that dont know he died from cancer after having it 6 times in 10 years.

So please, put aside your material possessions or arguments and take some time and spend it with your family. Do something or say something special, as life is short and we should all enjoy our time here with no regrets.

All the best

My brother was diagnosed with cancer last week, We think it is only testicle cancer, We dont know how far it has gone. I have always been close to him but we are alot closer now.

I will endeavour to spend more and more time around my family, they are far too precious to lose

thanks for the reminder though and I am sorry to hear of your loss

2009 made me realise that you have to spend time with your loved ones, as you never know how long you have got with them.

We found out in January of last year that my Nana had oesophageal cancer; she died on 4th May after being in a considerable amount of pain.

In July, my Gran was admitted to hospital with alzheimers - it has just got to the point in the past few weeks where her medication is controlling her moods most days. There have been days when I visit when she doesn't remember who I am and just sits there crying. This is really heartbreaking, and I cannot put into words how it feels standing there, not being able to do anything because she thinks you ar a stranger.

Shortly after my Gran was admitted to hospital, my Grandad had a heart attack and was rushed to hospital, where he subsequently had to have a quadruple heart bypass. Luckily, he got through the surgery and has made a good recovery so far - his mobility is back to an acceptable standard so he can now get up and walk around his garden, rather than being stuck in his armchair all day.

Family is the most important thing in the world. Please, no-one take it for granted. Spend every day with your loved ones, as if it may be your last.

Ash; I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. Take it easy tomorrow, my thoughts are with you.

My brother was diagnosed with cancer last week, We think it is only testicle cancer, We dont know how far it has gone. I have always been close to him but we are alot closer now.

I will endeavour to spend more and more time around my family, they are far too precious to lose

thanks for the reminder though and I am sorry to hear of your loss
Im very sorry to hear that and hope he pulls through

@ Beetlejuice: Thanks, Im also sorry that you and your family have had rough time

Last edited:
After losing my Dad last April to lung cancer and with Owen's diagnosis it really has changed us, we try to just live life for the kids as much as possible now.

Don't really know you Ash, but have seen you in the Xbox forums.

sorry for your loss.

I hope to meet you on Xbox Live soon :)

Know how you feel Ash.
My dad died from Leukemia 5 years ago.
Still miss him like it was yesterday.

Last edited:
Thanks Frank

Thought i would post it as I know AVF is a fairly material forum but below the usernames and avatars there are people with friends and families.

The words i posted on Facebook regarding today were:

"For all the days gone and to come"
Time may fly but memories never fade and I'll never stop missing you.

The words i posted on Facebook regarding today were:

"For all the days gone and to come"
Time may fly but memories never fade and I'll never stop missing you.

My father died 25 years ago on new years eve, this aptly conveys my feelings to.

No one can take your memories away.

sid

Last edited:
Like a few i don't know you but damn I understand the pain, we will raise a glass and give a nod..

Peace..

After my mum had a stroke last August, it made me realise that I have to work to live and not live to work. It completly changed my outlook on things.

Seems your dad is still playing a big part in your life, which im sure is a great help to the rest of your family :)

All the best for whatever you have planned for tomorrow

i've lost both my mum and dad in the last 8 years thru illness both in december within a week of each other(different years) so this time of year always makes me stop and think.. Your absolutely right to concentrate on your family it's far more important than material things or WORK. Ill raise a glass to your father later :smashin::(

Cancer is just the most dreadful disease. My Dad was diagnosed with it on New Years Eve in his lung and has since found out it has spread to his liver (though fairly recently). It is a truly terrible illness and my thoughts are with you Ash. They really are.

Hopefully my Dad will pull through, until then however things must carry on; the mortgage still needs to be paid, I still need to study to pass my law degree and my computing students still need teaching. It's amazing how in the scheme of things things like the mortgage, work, studying etc are microscopically tiny but the little degrees of normality can certainly help.

It's an absolutely stinging world sometimes. I sincerely hope that anyone currently affected by the damned disease on this forum pulls through.

Stuart

After my mum had a stroke last August, it made me realise that I have to work to live and not live to work. It completly changed my outlook on things.

Seems your dad is still playing a big part in your life, which im sure is a great help to the rest of your family

All the best for whatever you have planned for tomorrow

Thanks, and it is today already

Cancer is just the most dreadful disease. My Dad was diagnosed with it on New Years Eve in his lung and has since found out it has spread to his liver (though fairly recently). It is a truly terrible illness and my thoughts are with you Ash. They really are.

Hopefully my Dad will pull through, until then however things must carry on; the mortgage still needs to be paid, I still need to study to pass my law degree and my computing students still need teaching. It's amazing how in the scheme of things things like the mortgage, work, studying etc are microscopically tiny but the little degrees of normality can certainly help.

It's an absolutely stinging world sometimes. I sincerely hope that anyone currently affected by the damned disease on this forum pulls through.

Stuart

Thanks for posting

Good luck to you and all of your family, my thoughts are with them

Last edited:
Tomorrow will be 4 years since my Dad died. For those that dont know he died from cancer after having it 6 times in 10 years.

So please, put aside your material possessions or arguments and take some time and spend it with your family. Do something or say something special, as life is short and we should all enjoy our time here with no regrets.

All the best

That's brought a tear to my eye - thank you for reminding us what's important in life.

All the best

Ash, never knew mate. You have my sympathy as I lost my Dad to cancer 7 years ago. It put everything in perspective once he passed, I no longer worry as life is too short.

Still miss him like crazy. Doesn't matter what age you are and whats going on in your life, this was the man who went out to work to put food on the table, clothes on your back and try to bring you up to become a decent person and then he is gone from this world as we know it but he will forever be in my heart and I pray I will see him again once my time is up cause I believe there is an afterlife.

Last edited:
Ash, never knew mate. You have my sympathy as I lost my Dad to cancer 7 years ago. It put everything in perspective once he passed, I no longer worry as life is too short.

Still miss him like crazy. Doesn't matter what age you are and whats going on in your life, this was the man who went out to work to put food on the table, clothes on your back and try to bring you up to become a decent person and then he is gone from this world as we know it but he will forever be in my heart and I pray I will see him again once my time is up cause I believe there is an afterlife.
Cheers mate, for some reason i thought you knew

I hear you there bro:)

Lovely thread by the way Ash:smashin:

These threads always make you reflect. When you read peoples stories and see that their feelings are not much different to your own.

Lost my own dad 19 years ago and when i read these threads I always think about him

In my job i see death a lot but its only when you take time to read about how people feel that you realise what someone's passing really means

Hope that makes sense

Take care

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom