Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Take a look at this baby nice features or what !!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sanjuro, Dec 10, 2004.

1. sanjuro

sanjuro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
  2. JayX

JayX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    sounds quite similar to the new Kiss player thats coming out. quite a few of these announced now, so hopefully prices won't be too bad if everyones competing with eachother.

probably the most logical upgrade path from a normal dvd player if you don't want to go the HTPC route. i'm happy with my xbox/pc/panny dvd atm, but in the future i can see one of these devices being pretty good (and obviously, even more developed by then)

3. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +452
    on the Audio formats Supported list there is no mension of dolby digital or DTS......

4. JayX

JayX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    well, i guess DTS and DD are "signals" rather than formats in that sense. it lists a "5.1 optical out" which is.. horribly worded. DD and DTS don't have to be 5.1 (could be 6.1 or indeed, lower than 5.1) so just naming it optical out would've been wiser in my book, as there's zero reason not to support DTS ES.