Take a Bow Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I`ve just got off the phone to Sony PSN support and discovered that a genuine mistake in redeeming a years PS+ code is unresolvable as far as Sony are concerned. It appears that when I finally managed to get the system to accept my years PS+ code I was unknowingly logged in with my son`s sub account. As a result the PS+ is registered to him now and any games rated at 8 or over are locked on my own profile. So in effect, my £30 I paid at Game on launch night for PS+ membership is wasted. The worst part is I tried unsuccessfully many times on launch night to get the system to accept the code while logged in as me but due to all the network issues it kept failing.
The support guy basically played the old "terms of service" blah blah blah get out clause. "Sorry sir, there`s nothing we can do about it". Absolute crap Sony. you`re a bunch of thieving sheisters!

Anyone know whether there`s any recourse over this or have I got to buy a second PS+ membership now?

I`m so angry, I`m close to selling the PS4 and telling Sony to shove it somewhere dark and tight!

Is your kid really attached to his psn account? If not, just up the age restriction to no restrictions and make him a new account.

Or continue on with Sony. I'd fight this until the end.

Is your kid really attached to his psn account? If not, just up the age restriction to no restrictions and make him a new account.

Or continue on with Sony. I'd fight this until the end.

I'm certain that once you've registered a date of birth with a sub account that you can't change it without creating a new sub account. Which I don't mind doing. I just don't know where I stand with the ps+ membership if I do that. Anyone?

I'd try to change the age firstly as that is just a matter of logging into the account. If you are allowed to change age, then go from there deciding if you want to continue trying to get Sony to correct this.

Sadly I can`t see any way of changing the age online.

Don't forget our little bet matey :p

Lol. It's worth swallowing this Sony fudge-up just to prove you wrong :D
Well I've been playing loads of exclusives how's killzone knack and resogun doing bored yet. ;) :crackoff:

You can't change the D.O.B after you've registered which is shit :(

Well I've been playing loads of exclusives how's killzone knack and resogun doing bored yet. ;) :crackoff:

Sounds like a newsflash is needed old boy. Exclusives aren't the only games I`m allowed to play. I`ve been enjoying myself on the multi-plats as well as War thunder, DC Universe online, War Frame, Blacklight Retribution along with Resogun and Contrast. In fact, there`s so many games to play I can never make my mind up which one. Not a problem you`ve got with Xbox One eh old boy. Forza, Dead Rising or Shyse :rotfl:

You can't change the D.O.B after you've registered which is poop :(
So, unless Sony pull their fingers out of their obstinate asses I`m gonna have to kiss goodbye to 12 months of PS+? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sounds like a newsflash is needed old boy. Exclusives aren't the only games I`m allowed to play. I`ve been enjoying myself on the multi-plats as well as War thunder, DC Universe online, War Frame, Blacklight Retribution along with Resogun and Contrast. In fact, there`s so many games to play I can never Not a problem you`ve got with Xbox One eh old boy. Forza, Dead Rising or Shyse :rotfl:
Forza ryse dead rising 3 FIFA bf4 powerstar golf peggle 2 max and brotherhood halo top down is out Tuesday as well.

Forza ryse dead rising 3 FIFA bf4 powerstar golf peggle 2 max and brotherhood halo top down is out Tuesday as well.

There you go then. Everyone's a winner. I'll drink to that :D

You can't change the D.O.B after you've registered which is poop :(

When my password was reset I couldn't fix it because my DOB was wrong due to a typo.

I told Sony I had enormous problems resetting it and they made me scan my driving license and email it to them. They changed my DoB and now i'm all good.

The trouble is this sub account is clearly marked for my 7 year old son so there`s no way I could accidentally mis-type his year of birth. 2006 doesnt look anything like 1986 or 1996 so i`m stuffed really. There must be a way Sony can transfer the PS+ membership to the master account (mine) or just change the date of birth on the sub account. I can`t believe how obstinate they are. Their customer service stinks.

I`d post on their Fb and twitter pages. I`ve found companies really don`t like other people seeing how awkward and unreasonable they can be and are much more likely to be helpful when it`s in front of an audience of thousands.

Al, Sony customer service are really hit and miss. Sometimes you just get a numpty with no nouse whatsoever who just tells you they can't do anything. In these circumstances the old fall back of asking for a manager often helps.

Al, Sony customer service are really hit and miss. Sometimes you just get a numpty with no nouse whatsoever who just tells you they can't do anything. In these circumstances the old fall back of asking for a manager often helps.

I did ask to speak to someone more higher and the guy said he`d get someone to ring me back in the next 24 hours but smugly added he`d tell me the same thing. I sarcastically wished him merry christmas and said thanks for nothing then hung up. The guy was a douche

Just try ringing again mate you might get someone who understands that people make mistakes and that it reflects well if they clean up after the customer now and then.

Cheers guys, you`ve given me hope where previously there was none. I can`t believe that there isnt something they can do to at least get me working again with PS+ in some form. I`ll let you know how I get on.

Cheers guys, you`ve given me hope where previously there was none. I can`t believe that there isnt something they can do to at least get me working again with PS+ in some form. I`ll let you know how I get on.

I had this exact same problem. I ended up losing my 3 month sub I applied to my kids sub account, they basically said there was nothing they could do. The problem is that sub accounts cannot be 'upgraded' to master accounts.

If it were a master account, you could have done what Soundburst said and 'taken parental control' of the account by scanning in your details and emaililng them off to PS support, thus taking ownership for your childs account. I actually had to do this as I created a master account for my kid, but with a different DOB after the sub account fiasco only to find out all the games were blocked! :)

I basically just got the address of head office to complain to them about the original PS+ on the sub account. Not heard a dickie bird.

Whist there might be technical challenges in correcting your mistake it should not be beyond the wit of CS to, for example, expire the plus subscription on the sub account and give you a code to create a new sub on the master.

The problem is they don't appear to have any inclination to do what is technically possible. They just refer you to their terms and conditions and basically tell you hard cheese. I suggested offering a months PSN as a goodwill gesture but no joy unfortunately.

At one point the guy said you can't apply PS+ to a sub account, until I pointed out I'd done it 30 minutes previous. Maybe I just got the clueless guy in the office! :)

Not just with Sony but any customer service I have developed the habit of as soon as I detect even a hint of getting into a discussion that's going nowhere I will ask point blank whether the person I am speaking to has the authority or ability to do resolve my problem. If the answer is no then you spend no further time with that person, regardless of whether they are empathetic or a douche, and ask to be put through to someone that does.

Got to agree with you Playbook. I`ve rung again and despite speaking to a lad who was very sympathetic he went away to speak to someone and came back with exactly the same spiel as the previous guy. Apparently there`s nothing they can do about it, despite acknowledging it was an honest error and that no-one in their right mind would intentionally redeem a 12 month PS+ code on an age restricted sub account. I asked why they couldnt either do what Zt suggested and expire the PS+ account linked to my son`s account and just give me a new code or put £30 in my Sony wallet for me to purchase a year`s membership on the store. They refuse to even do that. I then asked to speak to his superior and he said he`d get someone to ring me back in the next 24 hours but he did warn me like the other guy that he would just tell me the same thing. I`m dumbfounded that a corporation as big and poweful as Sony can be so unwilling to help customers and so obstinate. Luckily they sent me a mail about doing a survey. Its not pleasant reading. Not that it`ll change anything. I now have to wait for this manager to ring me to see if I can shame him into offering me something. I also noted that had the Sony Network not been such a nightmare on launch night that I`d have redeemed the code successfully while logged in with my own account. That alone should be reason enough for them to offer me something.

Needless to say I`m raging and will write to head office and continue to badger/shame them on twitter and facebook. I might even make a nuisance of myself and ring them daily about it until someone decides to try helping me and not hiding behind their pitiful Terms of Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom