TAGtronic Programming Cable

Rad

Novice Member
Hello,

Does anyone have the pin layouts/diagram of this cable.

I'm not keen on spending £80 just to do one software upgrade as I don't think there are going to be anymore for the AV32r.

Or is there anyone in the Aberdeen area who might want to loan me one for a day or two.

Cheers,
Richard.

Rad

Novice Member
Has no one had this apart ???

Rad

Novice Member
Anyone got one I can borrow/hire for a weekend then??

Rad

Novice Member
mods please close as I've got it sorted now.

All thanks to Beekeeper.
Rich.

Parmenion

I think I know the answer to this but............

Is there a manual that comes with this cable. Looked on the website for a pdf but no joy. Can anyone help.

regards

Parmenion

GrahamMG

you just plug it in following the instructions on the software loader wizard, nothing else to know really.....
Oh and the lead is a RS232 to RS485 convertor so not just a plain cable with connectors, it has a PCB and electronics as well..... I've had a few apart but not really worth the effort to make your own....(life's to short)....It is most used these days for loading TMREQ settings in and out of the RoomEQ wizard.

Steve Bate

Graham,

Could this be used for passing RS232 info to/from the AV32R? In another thread I'm tring to control my AV32R via RS232 and my programming lead has been effectively redundant for the past few years!

Steve

GrahamMG

Hi Steve.

Our tame Ex TAG Chief Software Engineer got the unit to talk to a PC via a bit of software he wrote a very long time ago and Hyperterminal services was involved from memory. I have no idea if the AV32R can be "controlled" in the strictist terms of the RS232 word via the TAG bus programming cable though. I assume you don't have the 7.1 version......

GrahamMG

Have a word with Stevesky...... Your right it would have been a LOT easier:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom