1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tagtronic Link Between Products

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by m.attard, Apr 1, 2005.

1. m.attard

m.attard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Tag Mclaren Aphrodite and 100X5R power amp. I want the Aphroditie to remotely switch on the power amp.

IAG helpdesk say "power up the Aphrodite holding down 'TV', 'TAPE', and 'RANDOM' you will be offered the on/off choice for amp standby control. 'Search Forward' should switch it on the control, 'Search Back' should switch it off the control."

I have put a Cat5 patch cable between Aphrodite-bus out to 100X5R- bus in but nothing happens. Does anyone know how this works?

2. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    When they say power up you physically have to remove the power lead from the back of the unit, hold down the keys and while holding down the keys re-insert the power cable.... the system was designed for three handed alien users in mind! It should then give you the option to enable the amp control feature, assuming your Aphro. is on the sw version 1.21.

Make sure the CAT5 cable is a straight through type, and does not have the pairs swapped.

Hope that helps.

3. m.attard

m.attard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many many thanks for this.

4. m.attard

m.attard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do have version 121 installed. However - Still no joy getting it to work. Does anyone know whether I need to have the data cable in place for it to program? Appreciate help from someone as I just can't get the menu thing up!

5. m.attard

m.attard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all

After a few months I still can't get it to work. Any ideas why? Should the power amp be OFF in standby?

Cheers

Mike