1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tagging your MP3's

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Setenza, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    I recently inherited a collection of M4A files that I have subsequently converted to 192 Kbs MP3.

Howver, apart form a title and a file name, they have no further tagging information.

Media player 10 has filled in as much as possible, but the rest require manual intervention to be accurately labelled.

Is there any other 3rd party tool that has access to a online database that may be be able to successfully tag these files automatically. Most of the material is mostly mainstream and I can tolerate about a 60-70% success rate.

Any suggestions?

2. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Have you tried Gracenote?

3. Zef

Zef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Try tag and rename from softpointer.com works a treat and uses 2 forms of identification - freedb and an amazon screenscrape. Worked with all mu spurious dance tracks. You can bulk rename, and create tags from the filename. Very versatile when you get the hang of it.

Zef

4. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The MusicBrainz Tagger application is suppose to be excellent for identifying unknown MP3s and tagging them up.

I can't comment as I've never used it though.

5. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Best I've ever used is MP3 Tag Studio, which has some very powerful options. It allows you to tag files from filenames, rename from tags, mass set tags. The options it provides allows for some very advanced actions.