1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TAG to be at CES

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by gary.barker, Jan 4, 2004.

1. gary.barker

gary.barker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are cordially invited to join us for CES 2004 at the Alexis Park, room 2161.

TAG McLaren Audio will be exhibiting with Absolute Wave (an exciting new speaker company) and Acoustic Zen Technologies (The highly touted audiophile cable manufacturer).

The centerpiece of our theater system will be a fully loaded AV192R preamp/processor complete with the much anticipated VSM2048 video scaler! ( Please see the attached file for more information on the VSM2048 scaler).

DTS will also be featuring the AV192R in their presentation in the main hall, 2nd floor room N243.

These will be two demonstrations you won't want to miss!

We look forward to seeing you there!

2. AMCross

AMCross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    Hi Gary, Should we be able to download this attached file or is that a dealer only memo

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    Will try and pop by although it does seem strange that you aren't using your own speakers or cables........a sign of the future perhaps?

4. gary.barker

gary.barker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, the text was copied from an e-mail we sent to our dealers, and I didn't notice the reference to an attachment. The attachment simply was the press release for the scaler which can be found on the TAG website under press releases.

http://www.tagmclaren.com

No. We are simply sharing the exhibit.

5. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best sign for the future was "what they did last summer."
    I own DVD32R and AV32RDP and I am so sad watching what's going on with the company. Sad story indeed. The fact about that exhibit and that no one is denying different rumours is for me the confirmation that there is hardly any future for TMA

I am proud of my system (and very proud of my TAG units) but I am very dissapointed about how TMA acts since last August .

Kastrup

6. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had the impression that they weren't that bad financially in fact a friend told me (don't know if it is true) that they were building luxury new headquarters in England…

7. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, CES is over.
    As from what I read (from Gordon, and he knows what he speaks about) TAG presence there was desastrous, no scaler, just PSM into PJ etc.
    Mr. Gary Barker and USA distribution are obviously fitting into current TAG picture. I am sad, it was the most promising company and look what's left now.

I can only hope service will stay on high level if anything goes wrong on my DP and DVD!

8. gary.barker

gary.barker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Scaler was on display at the Alexis Park on Thursday, Friday and Sunday, and Saturday at a special Press meeting at the Belagio. I'm sorry that Gordon was not able to visit while the scaler was on display, but we felt that the Press meeting was more important than the Alexis Park room.

9. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    I'm sorry too. Glad that I didn;t travel all that way just to see the scaler. I guess you weren't there on Saturday at 1.00pm when we visited. Poor sound, poor picture in wrong aspect ratio! Just looked like another hi-end audio geeky room. Still, at least the DTS demo room sounded OK.

As an aside: While X3ELS and I were standing waiting to get in to DTS room the US dealers in front of us were talking about the products being used in that room. They got to TAG 192 and one asked the other who TAG were as he'd never heard of them. The other replied that they were the F1 car guys hwo tried doing audio but went out of business last year. He was at a a loss as to why the 192 would be used. Guess you have your work cut out for you in that market!

Gordon