Tag Remote

Mr Yakimoto

Established Member
Reaction score
I have two of these and one of them I can't change the volume on and the other is becoming a bit in responsive...I don't think remotes were the Tags strong point! Lol.

Do Audio cellar repair these or is it an idea to get a Harmony remote... and if so, are they any good?

Cheers guys
Bill

Have you opened them and given them a clean? With constant use they become very greasy and a light clean can work wonders.

I use a Pronto which works perfectly, I imagine a Harmony will do just as well.

Hmm, no I haven't. What's in the cleaning? Spray Wd40 in it?

Hmm, no I haven't. What's in the cleaning? Spray Wd40 in it?
I use a barely(emphasis on barely) damp(well diluted washing up liquid) tissue and gently wipe.Repeat with barely damp tissue (just water) and then wipe dry with clean tissue.Always works for me with my Audiolab and Sky remotes.

Hi

I've tried several times to get my original Tag Remote to start working again, taking it apart and cleaning it. All to no avail ...

I agree, the Remote was never Tag's strong side.

Anyway, I'm using a Harmony One instead and it works without problems.

Cheers

Hi

I've tried several times to get my original Tag Remote to start working again, taking it apart and cleaning it. All to no avail ...

I agree, the Remote was never Tag's strong side.

Anyway, I'm using a Harmony One instead and it works without problems.

Cheers
Really tempted to get a Harmony but have read two things that are putting me off. The battery only lasts a few years and it can't be changed.. and the syncing (timing) of different units isn't that easy. Now this is what I've just read so don't hold me to this.

Are they really worth getting and do the programmes that are set by the user work well?

Cheers
Bill

Hi

The setting up of Harmony does take some time, but once your done, you can keep the configurations if you get a new remote down the line. I started with a 525 but then ran out of units, so I got myself the Harmony 1 instead. I just changed what kind of remote I had in the web interface and then downloade my configs to my new Harmony remote.

As to the battery issue, it's not something I've noticed. But I've only had it for 2 years now.

I'm quite fond of real buttons so the mix between buttons and touch screen is something I like.

As for the activities feature - it's a blessing. I have several activities, like my "DVD on Projector" turns on my Oppo player, Tag (puts it in the correct input), projector etc. If there are any issues, for instance if I want to change input for some reason I just switch to the Devices feature.

Wife would want to be without it ...

Many use the Philips Pronto, but I really do like buttons so for now I'm happy with the Harmony.

I haven't checked the remote market lately, so I don't know if there are any new contenders.

BTW, I use the regular Harmony 1, not the RF enabled unit.

Hope this helps
Cheers

Thanks Bogi, think i''l pick one up then :thumbsup:. Probably the Harmony Touch. Think the Ultimate might be a bit overkill ...but it does do blutooth as well!!

I went for the Touch in the end for £110 from amazon. The Ultimate was £175 and dont thonk I coould justify the extra £65 for added bluetooth and IR hub and blasters (the hub and blasters I just wouldnt use)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom