1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tag psm and hs10

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by xa200, Jan 13, 2004.

1. xa200

xa200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Does anyone use a hs10 with a psm module as i have been experiencing difficulty with this combination. Whenever a white scene comes on such as flash or a quick white fade in then the picture disapears and the screen goes blank. The picture comes back on after 3-4 secs. However if i connect the hs10 from the interlaced inputs i don't experience this problem. I have also tried a 12ht using the psm and i don't experience this problem. I have had the psm checked by tag and they said it was fine. So i can only assume that it is a problem with these two in combination or the hs10 is faulty.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. AshF

AshF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have exactly the same problem as you (although not as bad) with my plasma. I borrowed an iscan pro and ultra and tested these, they both exhibited the same problem. But, when I changed the pro to output RGBHV and put this through the d-sub, it worked fine. I now think that the problem is the sync extraction on the plasma or the sync levels on the output from the PSM being swamped by the white screen. Unfortunately the PSM can't be set to output RGBHV...

Ash

3. xa200

xa200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have since tried using a dvi cable the problem doesn't occur using this connection, but the picture through the hs10 looks much beter using the component connection, maybe becuse the dvi lead is 10 m and the signal has degraded. So i have just decided to live with it for the time being. I noticed that if i set the dvi to rgb sync on green or rgbhv the problem does not occur so i can only assume that trhe problem is with the component connection.