Tag Processors

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Barry.NI, Feb 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have recently carried out a complete upgrade of my dedicated AV room. In the process I have looked for a processor to replace my AV 192R plus vsm 2048. I have checked out Arcam, Yamaha,
    Anthem Onkyo etc. but none seem to offer specs which come close to matching the Tag. The absence of HDMI inputs is of course a major omission the Company stopped trading before the EU standard was established, so all one has is a DVI in/out. The set up is straightforward, has anyone tried to fathom out Meridians set up? The Tag communication cable using easy to acquire Cat 5 cable, was a stroke of genius. I fail to see why IAG have not taken the Av32R and the AV192R, and upgraded it with the latest connections, surely with very little modification it would easily outshine many of today's products. There are a lot of Tag owners around, who I am sure would pay good money to upgrade.

2. tiff_lee

tiff_lee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    It does seem odd why they don't refine the original design and add HDMI, I guess they feel there isn't a market for it or that it's not profitable enough to be worth doing?

3. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    A question that has been asked on many occasions!