1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tag Price list ?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by shacard, Nov 9, 2004.

1. shacard

shacard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've just call the french Tag importator and discover ... is no longer importing Tag products :(

And it seems to be the same in the rest of europe :confused: (thanks to IAG...)

So i'm looking for tag actuel price list for av32DP and hardware upgrades for my av32r 7.1 24/96kHz.

Serge.

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yeah I also heard off the record that the guy in charge of distribution in the UK didnt like the guy who did the buying for Sevenoaks, so he took theyre dealership away :confused: Nice move, its always good to let your personal feelings get involved with your business decisions :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: Especially when a brands struggling to keep its image :mad:

3. simon40

simon40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I thought that Sevenoaks lost it's TAG dealership under TAG's ownership rather than IAGs. I seem to remember that TAG recinded the dealership arrangement (along with Audio Ts), since they were selling their TAG stock ,including demo. items, at 40% off retail. Seem to recall this happened July/August 2003.

4. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thats not what I heard :confused:

5. AMCross

AMCross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    "I thought that Sevenoaks lost it's TAG dealership under TAG's ownership rather than IAGs. I seem to remember that TAG recinded the dealership arrangement (along with Audio Ts), since they were selling their TAG stock ,including demo. items, at 40% off retail. Seem to recall this happened July/August 2003."

That's my understanding to as i was looking into purchasing a sevenoak's franchise :suicide:

6. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I also rememebr the thread on TAG's web site just about saying the the same thing, when TAG announced their "revue" Sevenoaks dumped stock like it was going out of fashion and some people got an absolute bargain... ;) Not surprising that Sevenoaks and TAG had a "falling out" really....
    As for personal dislikes getting in the way of business, that was just another nail etc.....

7. shacard

shacard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good products and nobody to sell them :suicide:

That's crazy :thumbsdow

I've send a mail to IAG/Tag 'helpdesk'...

Serge.

8. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi all, after the initial strategic announcment, informing that TMA would restructure in the near future, some retailers decided to drop TG McLaren Audio. All Audio T did it, as it was decided from the top. Within Sevenoaks each retailer, being a franchising business, decided for themself. Some remained on board [thanks- in retrospect], others disappeared. It was in 99% of all cases the retailer deciding to finish the relationship.

9. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to shed some more light on this, I spoke to two mighty retailers about this.

They decided to drop TMA because they simply want happy customers who come back again and again (in AV world we are all addicts) and with TMA it was dangerous situation. To sell (at RRP) products from the company that might (they thought probably will - and they were damn right!) seize to exist can hardly make customers be happy and come back with flowers.
    Here I do not mean most of us chatting here about audio and video for ages, discussing too much useless details, but normal average customer.

As much as I admire TMA products and love them I find this was very logical way of thinking. In the end they also did not make big mistake, didn't they?

10. hep

hep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    @shacard: We are doing well TMA in Germany and Austria. If you need any help, pls let me know office@home-entertainment-perfect.de

11. diego120368

diego120368

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello...

lament to tell you that you should forget the helpdesk, because they will ignore you, because the client is the less important thing for them :eek: .. Believe me, I have lived with them and the disagreement is monumental :confused: . Less bad than you have not had any failure or mishap. :(

12. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Surely IAG now MUST say something :lease:

13. shacard

shacard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: