TAG Newbie...Any Thougts?

pws

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

having long drooled over TAG all these years I was offered by a good friend to sell me his AV32 In Jan this year and I sold my Yamamy DSPA1 for the same price :)

What an amazing difference and I'm still in shock :)

Feeding the picture is a Denon 1930 and CD's are via a maratntz CD63 KI Signiture

So....I'm picking up a DVD32FLR this Sat which reading the reviews and this forum will become my DVD & CD player.
I will be connecting the clocks to sync up the processor and the player and then settling in to have a listen.

What I need to know is is there anything else I need to do apart from set the projector up using the test signals in the FLR and connect the sync cable.

Oh yeah...do I take the output of the FLR into the input of the processors or the other way round :)

This is all new to me and I'm like a kid at christmas as this is a huge upgrade for me as you can imagine from the previous kit and I'm axcited , nervous happy...its an emotional mess lol

Any thoughts or guidance greatly appriciated.

Cheers

Paul

Swansea

Hi...welcome to the forums and the TAG area.

The sync cable simply links the clocks and you connect the digital out from the DVD-FLR to the AV32R as you would normally,connect the sync link and enable it via the menu on the AV32R.

Sync'ing the 2 does have a very noticeable effect in tightening and focussing the sound and you should notice it straight away.

Hi Mate

Thanks for the welcome :)
Thanks for the heads up...I would have connected it but not enabled it lol
And I would have never known :)

So its connect the digital audio out and the sync link and enable it and sit back and enjoy with a large cheesy grin :)

Cheers

Paul

That should do the job....if you have any problems,please post here and someone should get back reasonably soon.

Also,the FAQ at the top of the page has a lot of useful stuff,incl error codes,servicing,as well as manuals etc etc.

Hi

Am sure you'll be very pleased with your new kit.

Yes use a digital lead from the digital out on the FLR to the (say) DVD digital input on the AV32R

Use a decent analogue lead from the AV32R synch out to the FLR synch in socket.

As alexs2 says you need to enable the synch in software.

Don't forget to get a short straight wired (not crossover) ethernet cable for the tagtronic bus and set that up in software too. Its quite useful.

Enjoy! :D

Hi Both,

Had a look at the FAQ and its very useful.

What will the Tagtronic bus give me?

Sorry for the questions :)

Roll on Sat

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:
It allows co-ordination between connected units eg a standby command can put all units into standby, or not, or pause the DVD when the AV32R is muted etc. It also works with a 100x5 amp to switch on and off channels. It can synchronise display brightness too I think.

I think its pretty handy.

The TAGtronic bus works really well if you have multiple TAG units and is easily set-up in the ...erm.. set-up menu!

The FLR does benefit from the T2L link to the AV32 which is a great combo for both CDs and DVDs.

If you can track down any DVD-Audio disks that also have a dts 96/24 option then they sound wonderful, as good as the DVD-Audio option in my opinion

Hi Mate

Thanks for the heads up :)

I have a few DTS Audio discs but straight stereo is the only music I really listen to.

I'm a HUGE ELO fan (No Comments Please :)) and have been playing vynil since I was 12 in 1981 and then moved to Cd as I got older and then thru the KI Signiture and A!...so I know ELO well......Moved to the AV32 and it was a whole new world and heard aspects of the tracks I've not noticed before so looking forward to this again with the FLR :)

I heard some nice kit before and makes me feel depressed being poor lol....so now I'm about to get something myself I'm like a kid again.

I hope this is a natrual feeling that you all went through and not just me :)

Cheers

Paul

Paul

Give the surround tracks a go, you may be surprised :smashin:

If you like ELO then give Jeff Trott's "Dig Up The Astroturf" a go

Dig up the Astroturf [DVD AUDIO]: Jeff Trott: Music: Amazon.co.uk

It doesn't have a dts 96/24 but does have a two channel track. You can get it new for ÂŁ4.00 on amazon Marketplace.

In addition give DPL II Music, dts Neo and TM Surround a go with your two channel music. It can add a great deal of enjoyment to the music and picks out detail that was "missed" before

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Update:

Hi All,

Got the DVD32FLR home and had a small issue with the DVI output which was sorted when I read the manual....RTFM:thumbsup:

Well...I thought I'd be playing films all weekend...turned out to be a megga session on CD's.

What a player.....amazing audio and was a little emotional on some tracks...superb sounding and effortless presentation.

Did mamage to get some test screenings on the DVD and a very nice picture on my humble Infocus 1805 and truly film like presentation.
A breeze to set up with the tagtronic and the sync etc

Not sure how to put it all into words but you all know what I mean:D

Cheers

Paul

Paul

Give the surround tracks a go, you may be surprised :smashin:

If you like ELO then give Jeff Trott's "Dig Up The Astroturf" a go

Dig up the Astroturf [DVD AUDIO]: Jeff Trott: Music: Amazon.co.uk

It doesn't have a dts 96/24 but does have a two channel track. You can get it new for ÂŁ4.00 on amazon Marketplace.

In addition give DPL II Music, dts Neo and TM Surround a go with your two channel music. It can add a great deal of enjoyment to the music and picks out detail that was "missed" before

I bought this following your recommendation, thank you it was a bargain.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yeap....Ordered mine and looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

Waited for 3 weeks for amazon to deliver and they kept delaying so I found on new on ebay so ordered that.

Its just this minute arrived in work so tonite I'll be having a listen.

Back when I was young Brothers in Arms was released and I used to listed to is on a ghetto blaster and then on TV whenever it was on etc.

Found it in tescos for 3 quid...so ...why not.

Having not listened to it for some 18yrs or so and then only on a portable thingie i was amazed how good the album still is and how well produced / recorded and it still stand the test of time.

So....whats the point?

Dig out your music and listen again with new ears and a bit more wisdom and enjoy it.

It will bring back good memories as music does but you will hear more in the music than you recall but also having more years under your belt (Or wider in my case) and may read something new in the lyrics :)

Cheers

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom