Tag Mclaren Serial Numbers

AMCross

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys here a one to ponder whilst i am sunning myself in LA :D

Would all the modules in a Tag Amp say a 100x5 have ther same serial no on all modules which correspond to the serial no on the back of the unit

Strange question. Whats behind it?

If you mean the power monoblocks inside it I would say they doesn't have any serialnumbers at all, it's the complete machine that has the serialnumber.

No each module does have a serial number

"Strange question. Whats behind it?"

I purchased a 100x5 just a week before the Tag Selloff ex demo unit with 36 month warranty

But inside the serial numbers do not add up :confused:

Way back in the mists of the distant past (about 4 years!) I had a 100x5R and the module serials weren't sequential or anything close, the electrical test dates were way off too, but it was brand new unopened from TAG via the dealer.

My 250x3R came from the IAG stock sell off and its closer to sequential modules but still nothing 1,2,3 or anything.

AMCross said:
Hi guys here a one to ponder whilst i am sunning myself in LA :D

Would all the modules in a Tag Amp say a 100x5 have ther same serial no on all modules which correspond to the serial no on the back of the unit
Hi, at TAG McLaren Audio all parts were serialised in order to be traceable (to find all affected parts in case of any problem). Therefore any finished good, the unit you buy, consists of many serialised subassemblies, whereby their serial numbers were issued independently, hence all numbers can be different (and far apart).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom