1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tag McLaren Phono Plugs

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Tantalus, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Tantalus

Tantalus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi folks.

I'm after 6 x RCA (video) Tag McLaren plugs. Called IAG yesterday and they don't have any! Incredible. Meantime I wonder if anyone knows where these are sourced from. IAG are going to call me back when they find out when they can get them but perhaps there is a quicker route. {Phil at IAG was very helpful}

thanks in advance
    T

PS. They are 11.99 (inc VAT) each!

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Canare make some very nice ones........Almost 75 Ohm as well..... ;) Canford Audio stock them amongst others.

3. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Tantalus, (in the past?) TAG McLaren Audio manufactured the phono plugs themselves, using the mechanical manufacturing facilities available in the TAG McLaren Group. The resulting parts were (manufacturing cost wise) expensive, but to keep them attractive, they were sold at a much smaller margin then expected by the hifi retail (hence few retailers were prepared to stock TMA cables!). It isn't uncommon that retailers make 60% on cables. It woudn't surprise me if these parts will be replaced by a more cost-effective solution in future.

4. Tantalus

Tantalus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Udo. I was not aware that Tag manufactured these plugs! Have to admit that they are solid and heavy things which is why I want them on the end of my cables! I have three 2m lengths of BNC-BNC Tag Cables which I want split in 2 and made into 6 lengths of BNC-Phono. Hence why I am after Tag plugs. They are getting back to me - but if they aren't sourced from anywhere and there are none in stock it implies that perhaps they would have to make more.

Been looking at Canford Audio (thanks Graham) but they only sell them in 100 bulk!

Mark

5. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi, A lot of the Tag cables used Belden components which are exactly what Mark Grant on this Forum uses. Im sure he could supply you with some Belden and Canare components :thumbsup:

6. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi, TAG McLaren Audio's video cable uses a Belden cable- a fact which was always openly stated. Even the cable is branded as such. No other Bdelden components, I am afraid... [this is for the cables designed until March 2004].

7. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I stand corrected :blush:

8. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Bung Canare's on them then...... Canford do them in single packs as well, I'd get Mark to do them......saves finding a crimp tool!