1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tag McLaren DVD32flr - Compatability with re-writable discs

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by g man, Apr 21, 2005.

1. g man

g man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for some help here, I have just purchased a Tag Av32R SP192 and a 5 channel remote Tag power amp. The natural choice of DVD player would be the Tag but as I record a lot of tv on a dvd recorder(Sony + and - rw but without time slip as a rather primitive model unfortunately) I require this new purchase to work in conjunction with this machine. My little lady has ruled out an upgrade on the recorder and is not agreeing to Sky+ the two obvious solutions. I therefore require this machine to be preferably compatible with both re-writable formats but from reading reviews, checking the spec on the IAG web-site and speaking to dealers who dealt with Tag products it seems to be a resounding no it will not play them.
    Please help! :lease:

Cheers

No, I will not get rid of the little lady.

2. liam_b

liam_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    All I can tell you is that my late build (S58) DVD32 plays all recorded discs (so far!) perfectly - Verbatim + Taiyo-Yuden +/-R, Verbatim +/-RW, Philips +RW, TDK -RW and Verbatim +DL all recorded with Plextor PX-716A played with any hint of a problem.

As I understand it ALL DVD32FLR have the late type (S58) mechanism so all FLRs should play all recordable disks (that are properly recorded) except DVDRAM.

Edit - Taiyo-Yuden CDR, Verbatim CDRW are fine with audio too, remember that the DVD32 (either type) doesn't play VideoCDs.

3. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    G-man

My FLR plays vothe + and - discs. Brands that I have played include TDK, Maxell, Ricoh, Datasafe, Datawrite, Platignum etc etc etc :thumbsup:

4. Spen69

Spen69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi G-Man

Can I just check - are you trying to play re-writable DVDs on the unit? If so, I doubt it and have never tried frankly as DVD-R media is so cheap now, why bother?

As all the other guys are telling you, I can confirm it will play any disc I've thrown at it, and some of the discs I had with errors on them from my early burner (threw it away at last!) it also seems to have no problem with. I used to have to use expensive +R's, but those days are long gone now I have the FLR :D

My current weapon of choice is a Sony 12 speed burner on my pc and Bulkpak -R's (the 8x orange ones). Works every time, and stupidly cheap but cracking quality discs. I always trim the file sizes to 99% of the disc capacity to avoid errors at the very edge of the discs which is where my old burner went wrong, so it's just an old habbit... :rolleyes:

The FLR will play them all mate, so get your hands on one before they're all gone :clap: