TAG Mclaren DVD 32R with PA10 and 60P

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ramtastico, Jan 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ramtastico

ramtastico
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've begun to upgrade my equipment and have had a TAG Mclaren PA10 and 60P set up for about six months. I am needing to upgrade my CD player as my old one broke and I thought it best to buy something better. Currently I am using a pretty horrendous Sony player but have seen a DVD 32R advertised.

I am interested to know how well it will work with my current amp set up and whether I will need a separate AV processor for everything to work properly. Also, as I will probably use the DVD 32R mostly for CD playback and occasional DVD playing, how well does it work as a CD player? I would prefer to have one player that does both as I am a student living out of one room so space is an issue.

I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you in anticipation of your help.

Dave

2. eisenach

eisenach
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    As it stands, it won't work as it has digital audio out only - you'd need a DAC or, as you say, an AV processor.

http://www.iaguk.com/tag/

There are other issues regarding the DVD32R which you'll find by doing a search on this forum.

3. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A fully serviced DVD32R will be make for an excellent CD spinner as at the time of release, it was one of the best CD players in the world. Very little could touch it. Its retail price was way below what it should have cost which always made it a bit of a bargain.

These days, there are few relability issues, in fact no more than any other product.

If you buy it, you will need a separate DAC or AV processor such as the AV32R to be able to listen to CD/ DVD soundtracks (an AV32R will sound better than your PA10 too).

I had a pre-production version and the later Sanyo meched version. With the T2L link via a DPA32R or the AV32R, there really wasnt a better combination.

People will say that product X will knock the spots off product Y but I doubt today if there is a manufacturer that puts as much money into its products as TAG McLaren Audio did.

You would have yourself a very nice system.

Oh, and it plays DVDs rather nicely too...:rotfl:

4. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    it has been a while since I have seen a DPA32R for sale but AV32's crop up every now and then

There were a couple for sale in the classifieds