TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Manual Download Facility

Dr Udo Zucker

Established Member
Reaction score
TAG McLaren Audio put great care in producing their user manuals, trying to make them comprehensive whilst being a joy to read and own.

Of course, many of us tend to connect their purchases, be it audio equipment or otherwise, straight out of the box, rarely referencing at that early stage to the manuals. It's just too seductive to get to the finish line as fast as possible, isn't it? Nevertheless, there are some good reasons to scan through these user manual afterwards, be it to detect “hidden” product features, fully comprehend a product's complexity or just pride of ownership.

Having authored many of TAG McLaren Audio user manuals, I tried, and hopefully succeeded to an extent, to make our manuals just the way, I always expected manuals of expensive technical products to be: the reflection of the engineers' pride having been allowed to design such great products (and not the bare minimum as it seems today so often to come out of marketing departments). Combined with TAG McLaren Audio's approach to offer (many of) these CD sized manuals in a special case, they (hopefully) remain for a long time to come, an attractive addition to the product owners' bookshelves.

In this thread you will find many of those TAG McLaren Audio user manuals for download. Just click on the product's name and they will be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format to your PC. The necessary reader can be downloaded freely from www.adobe.com.

My special thanks to the AV Forums to offer this great facility.

Dr Udo Zucker (former CEO of TAG McLaren Audio)

Music System
Aphrodite Music System

Preamplifiers (Analog, Digital, Phono, DAC)
PA10 Preamplifier

PA20R Preamplifier

PPA20 Phono Preamplifier

DAC20 D to A Converter

DPA32R Digital Stereo Preamplifier

DPA32R Digital Stereo Preamplifier DAB option

Amplifiers (integrated and power)
60i Integrated Stereo Amplifier

60iRv Integrated Stereo Amplifier

60P Stereo Power Amplifier

100P Stereo Power Amplifier

100x5R Five Channel Power Amplifier

100x5R_10 Ten Channel Amplifier

125 M Single Channel Power Amplifier

250MR Single Channel Power Amplifier

250x3R Three Channel Power Amplifier

700-7r Seven Channel Power Amplifier

AV Processors
AV30R Processor Day to Day Operation

AV30R Processor Setup

AV32R Single Processor Day to Day Operation

AV32R Single Processor Setup

AV32R Single Processor Specification and Diagnosis

AV32R Dual Processor Operation, Setup & Diagnosis

TMA1 RS232/IR TX Controller (connects to AV32R Dual Processor)

AV192R Operation, Setup & Diagnosis

AV192R TMREQ Room Equalisation

CD Players
CD20R CD Player

CDT20R CD Transport

DVD Players
DVD32FLR DVD Front Loader

DVD32R DVD Top Loader

Tuner
T20 Tuner

T32R Tuner incl. DAB

Loudspeakers
Calliope Bookshelf

Calliope Bass Module

Calliope Centre

F1 Left Right

F1 Centre

Blimey, What can I say -- Thanks to all concerned, especially you Udo, what a wonderful resource !

Would it be too geeky to admit that I sit and read the manuals and just grin at the TAG kit's capability !

Cheers

Bushy

Udo,

That is excellent!

Thanks for the work you have done to make this possible.

This should definately be a sticky ! This is really appreciated many thanks Udo :clap:

Ditto - thanks :)

Thread now a sticky....many thanks for your efforts Udo...very much appreciated,and I am sure all here will be very grateful for the addition to the resources here.

Yes Udo, just like you said - kit out of the box and straight into operation and of course no problems.
However WEEKS later, when reading the manual I discovered all sorts of little short cuts, and other interesting pieces of information.

Remember as the old saying goes - when all else fails - RTFM! ! ! !

Steve.EX said:
Any time soon?
Hi Steve, please be a little more patient. AV Forums' Stuart told me, that he will be able very soon to activate the links. He explained that he is very busy at present. I am sure, you and I, as every other friend of this forum, appreciate his and his colleagues continous special effort in supporting this TAG McLaren Audio Owners' forum.

Being a tech-nut as I am, I can't wait to see also the service manuals published here.
But maybe thats just a w.. dream?
;)

Or maybe a good idea?

hoosterw said:
Being a tech-nut as I am, I can't wait to see also the service manuals published here.
But maybe thats just a w.. dream?
;)

Or maybe a good idea?
Hi, a good idea but, I guess very unlikely. Remember, in contrast, user manuals are already in the public domain. All I did, was downloading and saving them when they appeared at www.tagmclaren.com. This contribution is a copy of my personal copy.

Dr Udo Zucker said:
Hi Steve, please be a little more patient. AV Forums' Stuart told me, that he will be able very soon to activate the links. He explained that he is very busy at present. I am sure, you and I, as every other friend of this forum, appreciate his and his colleagues continous special effort in supporting this TAG McLaren Audio Owners' forum.
But of course. :)

Hi Udo,

Your efforts are appreciated very very much! Rest assured.
But considering that TAG is no longer an 'active' brand in the market, the need for public service manuals will be come gradually more insistent. Specially when the factory warranty starts wearing out.

Apart from that I can't wait to see 'how' they are built and what are the channel paths etc etc.

We just keep it in mind for the future. Maybe somewhere in time somebody can make also that contribution out of his personal archives ;).

Rgds Hans

Just a thought -- would it be useful if the software updates were included too?

Udo do you have the various versions?

Cheers

Bushy

(PS All my TAG kit is at the latest version -- just thought it might help others)

Apologies for the delay, folks - have been very busy.
All working, now.

Nice work, nice to have, especially since many manuals were missing on audiolab tag support site. Thanks Udo/Stuart.

If I could only find one original hardcopy of T32R 3.7 manual...... Anyone :lease:

This sticky is such a good idea and yet so obvious that some of us should feel embarrassed that it took the good doctor to sort it out for us.

Well done, Udo. Many thanks.

... step by step we are going to rebuild the old Tag site.

It would have been better if all the precious information that where in that site would have not been spoiled ...

Thanks Udo.

We just need the 50k to host it for 12 months :D

I managed to download and print out many pages of the Tag site i dunno if they would be any use if they were scanned back into the pc and hosted for download on this forum :smashin:

Perhaps try one out and see what it looks like?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom