TAG McLaren 100x5R: How to switch modules separately

mabu

Hello,

I'm finally going to activate my TMA setup setup that was stored for some years. It's not old at all as it was completely serviced by Kevin in 2017 and not used since then. I hope that all TMA friends still find this thread by watching the tag. There will be some more detailed TMA question in the next days...

When having 2 units of the 100x5R, I really love the integration with the AV32R and TAGtronic communication bus. But how do I switch modules manually on just one amp? The remote is always recognized by both amps of course. Even covering the IR receiver on one side still transmits the signal on the bus. The "only" way I found is, detaching from bus, covering the IR receiver, switching the other amp.

I use the 2x5 amplifiers for a 7.1 setup + multiroom with 3 additional stereo sets, requiring some additional switching behind the amps. That means that some modules are used as surround and alternatively for a remote stereo set, which I plan to drive in "party mode" with mirrored stereo on all outputs.

bryeden

Hello - Found this section in the AV32r Manual
When linked together with a TAGtronic cable it is possible to
control the mute, standby and channel switching functions of up
to two 100x5R(1) from the AV32R. This allows you to control one
or two 100x5R without having ever to switch them on or off(2).
To enable these features, press the menu key and select Change
Set-Up, select TAGtronic Bus then select 100x5R.
Hope this helps

mabu

No, this is only for the usual TAGtronic controling. Switching modules manually only works with the 1-5 key on the remote and always applies to both 100x5R.

bryeden

Sorry I could not help

mabu

I could just use module 1 of AMP 1 and module 1 of AMP 2 for a stereo set, and switch both by the remote 1-button, hoping that the switch state of both will stay synchronized.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom