Tag Lip synch problems

Pete Paragon

Standard Member
Hello, just found this site and its looks invaluable. So, can anybody help..

For the first time, I have connected my DVD32R PMS192 to a new Sony KDL46W2000 via an DVI to HDMI cable. I am using a full Tag setup - AV32R 192(V3.7) and 5x100 Amp. These are all linked with 'Bus' and 'Link'. I am having a number of issues...here goes -

I have managed to get a good picture quality on the screen but can only view this on screen by pressing the 10 button followed by the 3 button on the remote control for the DVD - is this usual.

The audio is not sync'd with the video. There appears to be approx a half to one second delay - too much to rectify with the inbuilt delay function.

Am I actually getting the best picture, as none of the displays are saying I am running throught the PSM192.

I may be doing something wrong here, but if someone good give me an 'idiots guide' to setting up, it would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Pete

liam_b

not sure I can help with all your questions but I can be sure that if you are getting the video output via the DVI socket then its definitely coming from the PSM module, as non-PSM units don't have the DVI socket, it's blanked off.

I checked the user manual and on page 47 in the PSM section - "To select the internal DVD connection press shift then 3 on the system remote. The front panel display reverts to its normal operation." - the shift key on the remote is also labelled as '10'.

If your units have late firmware (AV32R 3.8, DVD32R 3.85) you can have the AV32R input selection buttons trigger the PSM to switch its video inputs, set the brightness, contrast, colours, 4:3 to 16:9 etc on a per input basis, also the PSM can tell the AV32R to set the audio delay accordingly to match the PSM's internal delay. I don't know if it there's enough delay to match the audio+video with your combination of equipment.

Pete Paragon

Standard Member
not sure I can help with all your questions but I can be sure that if you are getting the video output via the DVI socket then its definitely coming from the PSM module, as non-PSM units don't have the DVI socket, it's blanked off.

I checked the user manual and on page 47 in the PSM section - "To select the internal DVD connection press shift then 3 on the system remote. The front panel display reverts to its normal operation." - the shift key on the remote is also labelled as '10'.

If your units have late firmware (AV32R 3.8, DVD32R 3.85) you can have the AV32R input selection buttons trigger the PSM to switch its video inputs, set the brightness, contrast, colours, 4:3 to 16:9 etc on a per input basis, also the PSM can tell the AV32R to set the audio delay accordingly to match the PSM's internal delay. I don't know if it there's enough delay to match the audio+video with your combination of equipment.
Thanks Liam, I will give it another go tonight, based on your advice and see what happpens!

Pete

davee

Pete, I had huge problems with lipsync for a long time. If you do a search you should come up with a couple of useful threads. Thanks to the knowledgable (and very patient) people who replied the problem was solved :clap: but dont ask me what I did I just followed instructions. :rolleyes:

scoobysti

i have a problem with lipsync using my dvd32flr to infocus screenplay but i find setting the avr32 to 70ms is about right. i use the temp trim option.
never had a problem with my old arcam :confused:

Pete Paragon

Standard Member
Thanks All for the advice so far - its taken me while to check it all out and re cable my whole system - just in case!!
Not having much success unfortunately.
I have run through all the set-up manuals and cabled everything as per instruction - Bus, Link etc.
The lip sinc is still way out after adjusting the delay to the max.
I have switched the 'auto detect output' option in the AV32R to 'auto'....However...
I still need to do the 'press 10 then press 3' on the DVD remote to get a picture on the screen..
The Tag logo screen comes on fine, but in most instances as soon as I put a DVD in to view, the screen blanks and no picture can be seen. If I continually do the 10-3 thing, it sometimes comes on - sometimes not.
On a few ocassions i can get through a menu page on a DVD and as soon as I press the 'play film' on the DVD, the screen blanks again.
Is this a sign of terminal PSM192 failure? If I play through the 'normal' outputs, say S Video, and ignore the 192, things seem to work.
Could this be a compatibility issue with the Sony KDL 46W2000 I am viewing on? I think the Sony has inbuilt progressive scan?
As a last resort, does anyone know of a Tag expert in the York area who I could commision to do a full setup and check.
Sorry for the essay, but rapidly losing faith - dont really want to change to other kit, as prior to these issues it has all been fantastic kit. Alternatively, where could I take the kit for repair and/or service, if required?:lease

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom