1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TAG Equip and Harmony 885

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Kenny Glasgow, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Has anyone tried and had success with this remote?

2. Kevinc

Kevinc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have the little 768 which works with my DVD32FLR and AV32R. These are already set up on Harmony's database, but some of the programming didn't seem right to me probably partly because the person who entered the codes had his/her system set up a different way - the TAG gear is just too flexible! You can override and personalise quite a lot of this though it's a pretty painful process. As has been well recorded on remote user websites, while the web interface includes access to a powerful language based edit system, for relatively simple programming and changes it is nowhere near as flexible or user friendly as it could be and could drive you nuts.

I used to have a Pronto but didn't like the layering of screens, so I got the harmony instead. I like having hard buttons for key items with additional features accessible on the display. I also like the "Blackberry" style wheel control on that model plus I think it looks pretty cool (in red). Finally, the "function" approach also works well for me and for my better half. However, for me the 768 only really has enough buttons for CD and radio - for AV including my High Definition twin-tuner Digital Video Recorder cable box it starts to be a bit of a pain with too much on the menus - to be honest I've had the cable box for nearly a year now and usually pick up its own tacky remote instead. I have considered upgrading to an 885 but I prefer the "wheel" on mine to the soft keys on the 885 so haven't done it just yet.

Remotes are such personal preference items...

3. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Thanks Kevin!

4. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Doesn't time fly - one year later ......

Anyone else got one in the interim? Setting mine up today and only one evident problem - I can't get it to switch inputs on the AV32R when selecting an activity (eg DVD or PVR), the input stays on the the previous selection. I can select the device and then switch. The listed setup sequence includes the switch and I've adjusted the delay. Any ideas?

Regards,

5. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Couldn't sort it myself but Customer Support managed it, though I have no idea how. The database info for the AV32R is not very accurate but apart from that I'm impressed with the remote.
    Regards,