Tag DP still sellable?

bjornv

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a DP gathering dust and was wondering if there is stil a market to sell these fine pieces of equipment?

defo still a market but does depend on price £650 to £1000 nowadays depending on options

Thank you for the reply,

I will see what i can do for pictures and a selling thread. It is a DP 5.1 with bypass. Has been to the audiocellar for a power supply rebuild and allround Opamp change over(input and output)

Hi, it's been a long time since I've last come to this forum (I even had to reregister), hi all!.
Sorry to use this very same thread but it seemed the adequate one.
I'm still enjoying my Tag Equipment, all working flawlessly: AV32R DP 192 7.1, 250x3R and 100x5(4)R but I'm also thinking it's about time for selling my AV32R DP7.1
Don't know how much interested people would be and how much money should I ask for or even where to publish it: here, ebay? But I'm sure this forum is the right place to start finding it out. Thanks in advance, any suggestion??

There has been on on eBay on a buy it now for 3 weeks and not sold.

Ok, I'm seeing 2 AV32R on ebay now but neither of them seem to be the DP 7.1. And even then for £360/£300 I think they're offered too cheap. If that is how the market is right now I think I'll have to keep it. As it sounds and performs, around 800GBP (or around what AMCross said) seems much more logical to me.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thanks a lot orange55, so it's more around £600 than around £1000. I think you may be right and it's better to keep it, I really love how it sounds and how it's finished. Anyway, I will keep an eye on this ebay ad and maybe I'll take some photos of mine as it's truly in perfect condition, latest software and licenses, etc, just in case I get to know someone interested. Thanks again!

Hi in my eyes it is the best way to put your Tag units here in the classifields. Then you can easy try if you got your wanted price. But in my opion the prices for the used market are quite worse. I paid one year ago 400£ for a mint AV32R DP 5.1

Last edited:
Thanks karlknurr, good point! I'll prepare some photos and let it visible in the classifields, just in case. But then again, given what you paid it may not be so unreasonable around £600 for a DP 7.1 from the latest models direct from factory as is.

_DSC3935.jpg
_DSC3939.jpg
_DSC3936.jpg

And what kind of hard and software options are installed?

Hardware-wise I think I bought it complete: dual processor, 7.1, etc, or at least that's how I thought it was, I know I had to buy a cable to be able to perform the TMREq (not sure that was the name) room eq. What other hardware options did it have?? I thought I had everything!
And regarding software I'm sure I bought the licenses needed for Prologic IIx and installed 4.31 software and done some kind of DTS fix (and an aditional DTS format for music?? I'm not sure about that, don't remember well:(). Truth to be told, I have had to revisit this forum looking for posts of myself (with the same username I have re-registered now: jolaca) and browsing through my old posts. Sorry for that. Tomorrow I will try to find my invoices and see If I can find more info. If you could tell me which were the available options I will sure remember what it has and what it has not. :thumbsdow

Connect your AV32R to your TV and check via the osd what kind of options are installed.

He, he, SORRY!! didn't remember that option either. Ok, I'll be back reporting it, or better I'm going to take a photo.

I think dolby headphones, MPEG2 and the hardware option DAB radio is only missing.
No for tmreq it isn't necesarry to use the cable but it makes it more comfortable. You can setup all filters via the remote control but this takes some time. With the cable you can measure via REW and transfer the results directly into your AV32R :)

Last edited:
Thanks Karlknurr. I've already put my ad in classifieds and ebay but it doesn't seem to create much interest. Nobody asks a single thing about it!! :(

Hi Joloca,

Out of interest as I also have a DP AV32R is the finish on your one a smooth gloss finish or is it a matt finish which feels rough to the touch? Good as your high quality photos are it is sometimes hard to tell with ambient light bouncing around. I originally had a standard AV32R which was the gloss finish and my current AV32R DP is a matt finish.... and have to say I prefer the gloss finish over the matt it terms of both looks and feel.

Hi, I wouldn't say it is really gloss, but definitely it's not rough at all, but quite smooth to the touch. So don't know if it's any of the finish you've described??

It sounds like you do have the smooth finish version so this makes me jealous! ;)

Mine is one of the later models which just had a non gloss rougher feel to it which is not my cup of tea but Dual processors were not coming up to often when I got mine a while back so had to over look that personal fetish for a gloss version.

You also have yours in a similar set up to mine with silver av rack with aqua green glass which compliments the silver tag gear quite well.

Well, if you was not in Spain I may of been tempted to ponder about a back up AV32R DP in my household for the sake of a gloss finish!

Hope it finds a good home soon Jolaco if you are trying to still sell these rare exquisite beauty's;)

Thanks! I may be keeping it, there's zero response to my ad and that's unfair for such a good AV pre. And, he, he, I'm even feeling a bit 'guilty' after your kind words so I guess I'll buy a 'modern' (but cheaper in comparison upgrade) and keep my AV32R DP. It might help me to compare if the final upgrade is really better or...not. :))

If we was in the same country I would of probably made an offer for sure all just to have the gloss finish and then used my one as a back up or for bedroom if I could find a 5x100R at right price later on!

A very wise idea to keep hold of the Tag if you are buying a newer processor to keep it so you can 100% know for peace of mind how it stacks up against your Tag to decide if it is a worthy replacement although I am not sure what constitutes as a direct replacement for this level of SQ in a modern day version of a AV processor that can handle music without compromise?

And how much would it cost today and would a cheaper one actually still be level par on the SQ side of things even though it will have newer dac chips/video processing and all the latest connections to hook up with HDMI.

I have wondered this myself as time goes on one day the inevitable will happen where I need to finally replace the AV32R as the heart of my system:(
Luckily for me I am not so hard core with movies or blu rays as I used to be as I am primarily using it for music and casual film watching with Sky digital which just uses good old bog standard 5.1 surround.

Have you eyed up anything in particular as see the other day Arcam have a new range of AV processors out even though from what i have seen of the equivalent at quick glance the arcam is around the £3-5K mark and is the size of the actual tag amps or a normal size av amp so not slim line like the AV32R and more Tank like springs to mind.

Maybe if I holiday to Spain i will pop in and exchange some notes for you nice shiny immaculate looking Tag, unless you want to send me your fascia cover plate in exchange for my one!!;):D

Yeah, as you say just feeling I needed an upgrade regarding newer DACs, newer surround modes and the convenience of HDMI for audio and video. I was not thinking about Arcam, thinking more about something cheaper in comparison, I have read good things of Emotiva and its UMC200(only $539) and now they're releasing a higher spec with better DACs AVPre, the XMC-1. It seems to have real good value for the money ($1999) Emotiva , though it is quite ugly in my opinion. What do you guys consider? Is it any good?, or it may not be comparable to what we've got.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom