1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tag AV32R + Quadscan Pro Video switching Probs

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by cutes6, Jan 6, 2004.

1. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Well first of all hello to everyone in this forum, I collected my AV32 last night hooked it up and have not stopped smiling since:D :D :D

Everything has gone very well apart from a video issue and I am hoping someone can help me solve this if poss.

I have 2 DVD players and Sky+ all hooked up via Svideo into the Tag and out to my Quadscan via Svideo and then out to my projector via VGA and everything is brilliant.

I also have a VCR player used to distribute Sky and DVD around the house. This is also connected to the Tag via composite and out of the Tag to the Quadscan via composite and out to the projector via VGA.

Now I have the Quadscan set to Auto on the input source as I had in my previous setup with my Denon 3802.

When I select VCR on the Tag it switches ok for sound but there is a problem on the video - the projector struggles to lock onto the source signal and when it does it gets a mixture of a black/white and colour picture which is not stable. When I disconnect the Svideo lead going into the Quadscan its fine.

It seems to me that the Tag is still outputting a signal on the Svideo side even though I have selected composite VCR, the quadscan is having trouble in auto mode trying to determine which is the source. If I switch to manual source on the quadscan I get a clear stable picture through VCR composite. If I disconnect the Svideo cable going into the Quadscan and leave it in auto input select mode I also get a good picture.

I hope I am not doing anything silly here as I did set it up very quickly last night but I would appreciate any help you could give on this,

thanks in advance

2. Bogi

Bogi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It might be that when your using the remote on the Tag for VCR it defaults to S-Vid. You can check this in the Tag menu under anlog inputs VCR, there you have the option to choose between different Audio inputs as well as Video inputs.

You can also change the video input via the Tag remote CH+ and CH- buttons when in AV mode.

This may all sound confusing. But basically it means that for any given audio input you can choose different video inputs and event toggle between them. Remember you have both VCR-C and VCR-S. So when pushing the VCR remote button you get the audio from the VCR input (can also be changed) and video from either the VCR-C or the VCR-S input (or DVD-S, SAT-C or whatever you choose).

As there's no conversion between the different signal types it's possible that the Quad gets the wrong signal type.

Good luck

3. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think there's an option in the AV32R which will turn off the composite output when the s-video is selected and vice-versa. Can't remember where it is exactly, try looking in the video settings for something like "C/S mix". I'll check later, though my AV32R is a DP and may have slightly different menus.