Tag AV32R DP Face-Plate Colour Change

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by maj74, Mar 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    OK, having recieved my DP unit with it's black face plate (a change from my previous SP silver faceplate) I have now decided that silver is my colour of preference.

So I am offering an unblemished black AV32R DP faceplate in exchange for a silver one. Is there anyone out there who wants to do a swap?

Please note, It MUST be a silver DUAL PROCESSOR faceplate. I already have my SP unit in silver which I could swap fronts with if I wanted to. but I want a silver DUAL PROCESSOR front.

I will also confirm that my black faceplate being offered is a DUAL PROCESSOR faceplate with all the relevant names for buttons and features listed on lower left corner of the unit.

Apologies in advance if it sounds like I'm trying to bludgeon the point, but when I first asked about the possibility of changing the fronts, several people started offering me silver SP faceplates.

2. Tantalus

Tantalus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I don't think its quite as easy as a simple swap. I seem to recall that Tag used to charge a hefty fee for this kind of thing - maybe 200 UKP or something. Maybe the audiocellar will do it for you.

3. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The AV32R is very easy to do. Just some screws. The T32R is a bit more difficult.

I have done both.

Luis

4. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Much as I love Tag, I think it's true to say that they charged a hefty price for anything! I don't know that their price necessarily reflected the complexity of the job!

Also of course, the price you are quoting as it is from Tag, presumably invovled the cost of the new faceplate going on! I'm after a straight swap, so no new faceplate needs to be purchased!

5. OnTheFly

OnTheFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I would love to swap but the problem is getting mine off and yours refitted.

6. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    As I said, a very easy task, as long as you get a Torx screwdriver , I believe size T15, and a small wrench, I don't remember of which size.

Remove the screws all around the lid and remove it. You have to pry it open with your hands and rotate it upwards from the back towards you (faceplate towards you).

Put it aside. Then remove the top faceplate screws that become visible after the lid removal. Remove the faceplate by carefully but firmly wiggling it to release the lower row of metal tongues that attach it to the chassis.

At this stage, you'll have a faceplate dangling from the mainboard by a flexible cable, so be gentle now. Using firm TLC and your hand only, remove the volume knob away from the faceplate.

You will now have to remove the faceplate PCB: using the wrench, remove the nuts on the back of the PCB and take it off.

To reinstall the stuff, just invert the sequence described.

Have fun!

Luis

7. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    very simple task indeed!

little bit more "fun" is required if you want to swap displays and eventually blue LED, but it is sometimes needed.

8. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Nope, the faceplate PCB has those bits in place, so when you remove the PCB from the faceplate, it all comes off, and you will have an empty faceplate plus buttons in your hand!

I forgot to mention the power switch button, the connecting plastic rod should be removed prior to removing the faceplate.

Luis

9. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56

yes, and that was a bit tricky for me, still not a big deal!