1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tag AV32R and AV192R : Are they the same ?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by DexS, Apr 23, 2002.

1. DexS

DexS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

A warm hello to all in AV Forum. This is my first post here.

I know there is a latest AV32R 192 bp model released already. Is the AV192R a newer unit with a bigger chassis, dual DSP etc ?

If so I think I better hold back and wait for the AV192 to be released in Autumn 2002. Even though I can do upgrade but I would not want to be wihtout a processor for one month.

Cheers
    Dex

2. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    The AV192R is indeed a bigger unit, about twice the height of the AV32R, using the existing fascia of the 32 as it's top. If I recall correctly, TAG have said that people who want to upgrade from the 32 to the 192 but do not want to wait will have the option to jump straight from one to the other. For more info, check out the excellent TAG discussion forum at www.tagmclaren.com , where the Chief Exec, Udo Zucker, will be happy to answer your queries.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    There is no need to wait at all if you want to become a dicipline of Udo. Even the oldest 32 can be taken to the 192. The latest bp version is much easier to update as the DAC / 5.1 have already been done.

4. DexS

DexS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeap...I closer each day to be in the Inner Ring of Udo..:D

Anyway is the scaler a standard item in the AV192R. I hope not because I have no need for it. I have done a serach in the Tag forum but it always having error. The forum is not very user friendly IMHO.

Cheers

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    scaler is not standard but an option like most bits in the 192. Just decide what you want and buy those options. Easy. These guys have thought it through.:)