Tag AV30 (model numer correct)

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Nic Rhodes, May 1, 2002.

1. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    For those of you who have always dreamed of Tag but were put off by price, take a look at the latest HCC press releases or the Tag web site.

£1800 and then add the extras you want. A cut down AV32R. This may well win many new friends.:D

I didn't see this one coming.......looks really good. It looks like it will satisfy many out there. Perhaps dreams can come true ;)

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    A TAG for the price of a Denon 11SR...hmmmm....let me see :)

JJ

3. DexS

DexS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is interesting...I will keen to know the inside of AV30.

Which DSP and DAC chips will TMA be using ? I do not think it will be 24/192 DAC for this price.

Also lower price equals no THX certification.

Cheers

4. David Bier

David Bier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to applaud Tag for trying to make their gear more affordable but I don't think they've gone far enough with this.

I want to buy an AV32-192 this year (5.1) which will cost just over £2500. The AV30 with the digital reclocking option added will cost £2100. That £400 saving will cost me connectivity, DAC quality and upgradeability among other factors. I would much rather spend the extra few quid and get the fully-specced product with the full upgrade path.

I think Tag have missed a chance to target the lower class of processors and compete with the Cyrus, Rotel and Myryad.