1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tag amplifiers not going into standby when not in use

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by awaters, Feb 12, 2005.

1. awaters

awaters
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

I have an AV192R connected with tag communication bus to several 250MR. They all have the latest version of software (4.31 and 3.92 respectively).

I have given the mono blocks each a unique id number and assigned their location in the AV192R set up menu. This is all working correctly, the AV192R recognises all of them and sound comes out of the correct speakers.

When putting the AV192R into standby they all go to sleep, similarly coming out of standby wakes them up. However, if I am listening to something only using left/right channels then the centre mono block does not go into standby despite me setting module control to on for all of the amplifiers.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've seen this behavior once in a while, but rebooting the AV or changing surroundmode (causing new message send down Tagtronic bus) solves this.
    Perhaps Steve can say something usefull about this.

3. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Andrew,

I have 5 x 250MRs, two monoblocks and three in a 5x100 box The two monoblocks operate the main L/R speakers, and the 250MRx3, the L surround, Centre, R Surround respectively. When operating the T32R on Direct, no red leds on the two monoblocks ever even on wake up, L/R speakers operating normally. 250MRx3 shows centre block off other two LEDS on, though Left & Right surround speakers off. Rebooting makes no difference. All amps come on when waking up, still no red LEDS on monoblocks, bus connections all O.K. Would be interested in comments you get, though in effect it is not a problem, as all lights are programmed to go off after a few seconds, though DVD blue light always stays on. Is there a way of telling whether the amps are in standby even if the red Leds are on or vice versa?
    Barry

4. hoosterw

hoosterw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I experience a similar problem with my AV192 and 100x5R.
    All On or All Off is no problem but on/off when not in use (selection: individual Stand By in AV192 setup) does not operate well.
    Also when I play a DVD and use a 7.1 channel setup all go on when playing but when I pause the DVD, the AV goes to a different surround mode and switches channels off. Then when I resume it takes switching back on again. Very annoying!