1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taegugki (Brotherhood)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by RMCF, Sep 26, 2005.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Rented this DVD last night after hearing many great things about it on these forums.

Overall I really enjoyed it. Good story, acting, battle scenes etc but just one thing spoiled it for me. A few of the characters that were in the regiment were almost like comedy characters - lot of pulling stupid faces, clowning around, silly lines etc. Perhaps I am being harsh. Perhaps this is how Korean films are.

But at times it was like watching a very serious war film, complete with Piggy from Monkey in it !!

2. pRot3us

pRot3us
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    Great film

I disagree about the jokers/clowns not fitting in though. Virtually every war movie that concentrates on the human angle in war (from the soldiers' viewpoint) has a joker/jokers in the pack. I'd say the same happens in reality too, and is important for morale, you will always find a comedian in the grimmest of human circumstances.

Look at Full Metal Jacket for example, the main character was nicknamed 'Joker'

:smoke:

3. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Yes I realise that jokers are part of some war films. And I realise that 'Joker' in Full Metal Jacket was a light hearted character, but he didn't act like a half-wit like you see in Taugugki !!