1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tactile sound transducers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by shoalin kid, May 25, 2003.

1. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone any expirence of these clarks tst's. the reviews seem pretty impressive .i was looking at £229 model 100 watt mouted under floor between 2 leather chairs.

:suicide: dodge this

2. Phil43

Phil43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think they are great. Subwoofers mask far too much detail unless they are set up very carefully. Let your main and surround speakers work full range and just let >40hz run to the transducer (if possible) this reinforces the bass and clarity is perfectly maintained.

I use mine within the seat (a three seater). I imported it from the states about 3 years ago.... the best buy I ever made.

Get one - Philip

3. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I have one

Its an interesting speaker

You have to bolt it onto the bottom of your seat. For me I had to get a joiner in to do it ( 100 pounds )

Then you need an amplifier for it that outputs about 100 watts ( 300 pounds )

So budget for these 2 extra things also

Then when you have it set up, you have 2 choices on connecting it, 1 is to your front main speakers, 2 is to your LFE output

I preferred the first option, but the problem is you can hear it under your seat ( as its a proper speaker ) and this interferes with the surround sound

So if you take the second option, it only comes on when LFE is produced

All in all it cost me about 500 pounds

4. Paul Smith

Paul Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Hi,
    I use the TST 329F Clark transducer. It's a Great little thing!.

I have it installed in the bottom of the sofa, driven off an old Subwoofer amp with the crossover set as low as it can go.
    (having it produce any frequencies above 40hz would certainly spoil it's effect).

All I can say is that it really impresses when the action gets going and, if setup right, it can take action films to a whole new level.

Paul.

p.s. I did buy a second one and a Sub bass filter, but I just can't think where else to put it.:(

5. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the thing is my M+K speakers dont produce bass so all bass is directed to sub how do i connect it to the sub or front main speakers .it sounds worth getting , i no someone who can fit under floor boards so no cost there i dont get how to connect it

6. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    by the way i have a denon AVC 1SE thats 170 per channel thats enough int it .need to no before because thats wat will be installed first

7. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Hi

I think you need an external amp, so you have a volume control. Having a volume control is quite handy, so you can increase and decrease the effect

8. Paul Smith

Paul Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Hi,
    I feel the best results are received when using the subwoofer/LFE output.

You could either buy a subwoofer amp, with a nice low crossover setting (@40hz) and volume controls onboard. As sold by www.cpc.co.uk or www.bkelec.com (I quite like the look of the Sub amp from CPC code:LS0156266)
    This is probably the easiest option.

Or
    If you have an old amp available you could get a Paradigm X-30 crossover box or BKelec Sub bass panel to filter out high frequencies and use that.
    I hope that this helps.

Paul.

p.s. If mounting to the floor of your room make sure your seats are in very good contact with it otherwise you may just get rumbling feet (not a nice feeling).
    You may also need thick carpet/padding under feet to help balance the effect as well.

9. swiftpete

swiftpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +667
    This is an old thread but I've just found out about the existence of these things and they sound amazing in theory. I'm planning on getting another sub but having the sofa move as well would be cool. Plus apparently a decent one is only £130 so it's not too pricey.

So has anyone else fitted these? I was wondering about using my receiver to power it with a crossover rather than getting another amp. That'd be easiest, although I guess I could squeeze another amp in there somewhere if necessary.

Anyone?