1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TACT Room EQ

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Thunder, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I was reading an interesting article on the new TACT parametric EQ that claims to be the first full range EQ system. Has anyone had any experience of the TACT system or have any opinions on how it compares to TMREQ technically? :)

2. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,

TMREQ (for the last 1 1/2 years) has implemented a full range set of fully defineable 80bit parametric EQ's, so I think their claim to be the first is a tad dodgy!

Above a few hundred hertzs trying to do real compensation doesn't work as the wave lengths are too short (hence a small movement of listening position causes large measurement differences). You can however do overall tonal tweaks to compensate for speakers and other equipment that sound a bit bright, poor presence etc. using shelf, lp/hp and peaking filters. It's not really the way to go to fix room hf issues though.

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Check out the review in Hifi news Steve as its quite informative and interesting, even if they are telling porkies I would be interested to know what you think?