Tablet project

=adrian=

I have this spare Android tablet, generally used only for displaying time. I would like to integrate it with my PC, to be displaying temperature (CPU / GPU), maybe usage graph (if possible) and current time. I would like it to switch on with the PC and turn off when PC goes to sleep. I don't mind completely wiping it and loading a new OS on it, or whatever is needed to get this running. Tablet is old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I know we have few knowledgeable people around. How would you go about doing it?

=adrian=

Not sure about the power side of things, but have a look at apps like this
Remote System Monitor - Android Apps on Google Play
Thanks for that, mate. I had no idea such app existed and after the initial blond moment I have it running. And it works! However, graphically the app is very limited, the graphs are not very clear and the little modification available is not really working for me. So back to the drawing board. If I can't find anything else, I'll go back to this one, at least it works.

=adrian=

OK, so I seem to be getting along with the software side of the project, but what I have no idea how to do, is I want the tablet to be sitting inside of the PC case. I will have no access to physical buttons then. How to make it so that the tablet switches itself on, when the PC starts and fires the monitoring screen without me to touch anything.

Cha1ky

OK, so I seem to be getting along with the software side of the project, but what I have no idea how to do, is I want the tablet to be sitting inside of the PC case. I will have no access to physical buttons then. How to make it so that the tablet switches itself on, when the PC starts and fires the monitoring screen without me to touch anything.
What a novel idea, a touch device you never touch........

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom