Tablet Or notebook for all my media needs

Chesh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

With Christmas coming up I’m starting to make subtle hints to the GF and family as to what Santa could bring me this year....

I’ve decided on getting myself a nice little Notebook or Tablet only problem I’m not sure what I prefer or what one i would get from either sides!

I’m getting my hands on a iPhone 4 in the next few weeks so I really want something that can store all my media files or at least sync with a NAS so I can access my iTunes library from it.

I use iPlayer and all the other online TV web stations a lot along with a long list of other website that allow me to watch my fav shows J. I also love playing stupid online games to kill some time. So Flash Player is a big must have!

I will also be using it a little for work the usual stuff like MS Office, MS Outlook etc etc.

Anyone seen anything good?

I’ve seen a few that I like but there is always something that puts me off.

I’m leaning more towards a tablet than notebook but open to suggestions!

Thanks in advanced everyone!
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Last edited:
An inbetweeny? sounds interesting Ill have a little look.

oooooooooooooooooooooo I like! im just not a massive fan of Dell

Im just way to picky

Yes, Dell is definitely Marmite isn't it?

Personally I love them because of 100% satisfaction over the last 10 years, having ordered a few.
But I digress.

Having just read another article, it seems it's the same timeline over here (first week Dec).

Looks very smart, but I'd share concerns about the hinging mechanism.

Seems like they've got good performance out of the atom, given that it'll be running proper Win 7 :smashin:

It'll be interesting to read the reviews.

Yes, Dell is definitely Marmite isn't it?

Personally I love them because of 100% satisfaction over the last 10 years, having ordered a few.
But I digress.

Having just read another article, it seems it's the same timeline over here (first week Dec).

Looks very smart, but I'd share concerns about the hinging mechanism.

Seems like they've got good performance out of the atom, given that it'll be running proper Win 7 :smashin:

It'll be interesting to read the reviews.

Defo gonna keep me eye out for this even tho it is Dell.

Thanks Badger!

Think its just a little bit out of my price rang!!

Think the family will have to dig deep this year lol.

Just wish there was a little bit more info around..... There are a few vids and quick reviews online but nothing worth the time really....

Lets see if Dell can convert me into a Marmite fan!!!

And yeh the whole roating screen is a worry for me specaily with how easly I brake things!!!

The only problem with tablets if that you don't know what the media support is going to be like three or four years down the line, whereas with a laptop you can be fairly certain it'll go on supporting everything for as long as the (more powerful) hardware can handle it.

Ive just seen that the Dell Inspiron Duo is going to be on Gadget show tonigh!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom