• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tablet/mobile phone games for a long flight

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
Hi all

any good time - killer games on android that people recommend to download for a long flight. Dublin to Orlando coming up soon and I want to get a few enjoyable games to play. I generally like driving, sport and shooting games but open to any other games that people enjoy. I don't mind paying a few bob for them, as long as they work in airplane mode :)

What do you play?

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Geometry wars.

The game mode 'Pacifism'

Try to beat your high score.

I've been playing this on and off for over 5 years.

I can quite easily lose two hours playing this without realising. I literally just switch off whilst playing.

Off topic but buy a Nintendo switch and Zelda and Mario Kart.

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
Geometry wars.

The game mode 'Pacifism'

Try to beat your high score.

I've been playing this on and off for over 5 years.

I can quite easily lose two hours playing this without realising. I literally just switch off whilst playing.

Off topic but buy a Nintendo switch and Zelda and Mario Kart.
Thanks, will look into them. Switch and Zelda already in situ - wrestling it off my son is another story :)

Sonic67

Banned
Plague Inc.
Simon the Sorcerer

Plague Inc for me too. Great game and perfectly suited to sh*tty touch screen controls.

Brain It On. Super addictive physics based puzzle game. Another one that works better because of a touch screen and wound't be possible without one.

Mario Run. If you're going to play an action platformer on a touch screen, make it this one. Only one button so again, controls do not mar the game and getting all the coins is hard, very hard.

If you have a Gameboy or SNES emulator, "Advance Wars". It's a turn based military strategy game with some very heavy handed Anime/Japanese presentation, very polished, very well designed, and very addictive. Again, being turn based and the sort of game you'd want to use a mouse for, works great on a touch screen even emulated.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Please play them on silent/ quiet headphones. Had some dick play a shooting game behind me on a flight once. Had to tell him to be quiet.

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
Please play them on silent/ quiet headphones. Had some dick play a shooting game behind me on a flight once. Had to tell him to be quiet.

SORRY, WHAT WAS THAT? SPEAK UP, I'M ON THE FINAL BOSS LEVEL AND HIS MINNIONS ARE SHOOTING ME FROM EVERYWHERE :confused::eek::mad::censored::confused:

In all seriousness, I hate that but its a rarity these days to have people doing it. I bought myself a nice pair of Fidue IEM's just for this trip (and also for when I do the ironing when the kids are in bed ) I'm trying to make 20hrs+ worth of flying as bearable as possible!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom