Tablet for Foobar2000

google

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if anyone might be able to give me a bit of advice. I currently have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows 7.

I use Foobar to play lossless Flac files stored on my NAS drive. I have an headphone amp which I connect to via USB (printer cable type, not USB to USB). I use the WASAPI setting in Foobar to get bit perfect sound.

I am thinking of purchasing my first tablet running Windows 8 but I wanted to check that I would still be able to run Foobar from it via USB. From what I can gather a tablet would only have a micro USB connection. If this is the case would I still be able to connect it to my headphone amp bearing in mind I would need the connection that goes into the amp to be the same type of connection I use now (printer cable).

I think I may be able to buy a micro USB adapter that would allow me to plug in my current USB 2.0 (printer cable) cable but I'm not certain this will work?

I could also do with a recommendation for which laptop to get.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

Scott

If Foobar is a program, you probably won't be able to use it on a Windows 8 tablet. You would only be able to do that if there is a metro version available, just letting you know :)

It might work if you use an adapter, but I'm not sure if the tablets support USB OTG, and it's unlikely that even if they do it would work for something like that.

Liam

I play music (flac) with the Foobar2000 program on my Windows 8 computer
No reason why it shouldn't work on a Windows 8 tablet
Just checked and foobar2000 works on Windows 8 tablets

The Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2. a Windows 8 tablet has full size USB 2 connector

"Slots/ports: 1-USB 2.0; miniHDMI; microSD; dock connector; 3.5mm audio"

Hope this is helpful

Feel free to ask any other questions, Liam is very knowledgeable and I'll do my best to help

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom