Tablet Confusion - which one to buy!!!?

Discussion in 'Tablets Forum' started by Domenico, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Domenico

Domenico
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for the right tablet for me & my family. Essentially, it needs to manage the standard Apps, along with some kids games (to keep them occupied), a bit of music (though I do not plan to store much on it as I have a 1Tb remote hard drive), also I need to use it for work so screen resolution needs to be good enough to look at photos in decent resolution and be able to manage viewing technical drawings which can take up a bit of memory.

As mentioned, I have a remote drive which I plan to flitter-between, to store stuff on and transfer from time-to-time onto the tablet, so memory is not a real driver here, but processing is I guess!

Looking at the usual suspects Apple iPad (though what generation, I am not sure?) & Google Nexus. As far as budget is concerned, nobody (apart from those with more money than sense) wants to pay over-the-odds for something they don't really need.

You help appreciated. :confused:

2. sirteuk

sirteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    This could be worth waiting for (April, May) Galaxy Note 8.0

3. kBm

kBm
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,272
    You need to decide on what OS Apple, Android, or Windows. Android may give a little more freedom in syncing up with a remote drive.

Look at the Galaxy Note 10.1 or Sony Xperia Z.

Technical drawings as in Autocad?