• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

table top stand to increase height of TV

chenks

Prominent Member
i am looking to raise the height of my TV, but wall mounting is not an option due to location (and i've never liked wall mounting anyway).

i have a Sony KD-43XD8305 and it currently sits on this.

IMG-20190121-180629.jpg

i only need to raise it by a few inches at most, so i found this on amazon, which appears to be a table top stand that uses vesa mounts

Capture.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1home-Univ...NC51WZBPBMY&psc=1&refRID=GDN0CXJCPNC51WZBPBMY

now this particular one doesn't get greate reviews (about build quality etc), and i would be wary about the whole thing being a little top heavy.

anyone here use something similar? or have any recommendations?

Sonic67

Banned
i am looking to raise the height of my TV, but wall mounting is not an option due to location (and i've never liked wall mounting anyway).

i have a Sony KD-43XD8305 and it currently sits on this.

IMG-20190121-180629.jpg

i only need to raise it by a few inches at most, so i found this on amazon, which appears to be a table top stand that uses vesa mounts

Capture.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1home-Univ...NC51WZBPBMY&psc=1&refRID=GDN0CXJCPNC51WZBPBMY

now this particular one doesn't get greate reviews (about build quality etc), and i would be wary about the whole thing being a little top heavy.

anyone here use something similar? or have any recommendations?
I have something similar only with three shelves beneath it. Bought off Amazon.

On the shelves is an AV amp, a PC, a Freesat box, a PS4 Pro, a Samsung UHD and a centre speaker.

Once that lots on it isn't going anywhere.

Also gravity works downwards and the TV is sat over the shelving. With the shelving also acting as a counterweight.

chenks

Prominent Member
yours sounds like a floor stand though whereas this is for table top. so it would be unlikely to have anything sitting on the shelf.

guess what i'm afraid of is it falling backwards.

Sonic67

Banned
If the base is metal, why not drill a few holes through and screw through the base?

chenks

Prominent Member
OP - you haven't said why you want to raise your TV? Is it to accommodate a new soundbar or something like that?

Do you mean something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-DM...1&sr=8-3&keywords=tv+riser+stand+for+large+tv

I'm sure you could find different colours or finishes to match your cabinet.:)

indeed a soundbar is one of the considerations, but also a general small increase in height would be desirable too.

the soundbars i'm looking at are about the same height as where the bottom of the visible screen is... so a bump in height would probably be needed.

unforunately a stand like that probably wouldn't work as it's 24cm in depth and would probably not leave enough space for the soundbar to sit in front.

chenks

Prominent Member
If the base is metal, why not drill a few holes through and screw through the base?

it's an ikea cabinet so unlikely to be solid wood.. more like probably partially hollow inside :D:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom