1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Table Tennis on Grandstand 24/7 at 16:40

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by keiths, Jul 24, 2005.

1. keiths

keiths
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As, from a previous thread, there seem to be a few table tennis players on the forum, I thought I'd post a (rather late) heads-up. The table tennis to be shown is yesterday's Master's tournament which was Jan-Ove Waldner's last major appearance after 20+ years at or near the top of the sport.

2. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Just caught the end of it unfortunately. Jan-Ove Waldner seemed a little bit outclassed by the South Korean but then he is old enough to be my Dad and he did well to get to the Semi's. Liked the exhibition stuff at the end too.

Surprising that the Beeb choose to show so much. Usually they just show 3 or 4 points from each game in a highlights package. I guess being the British Masters they decided to show a bit more this time. I wish I'd had the foresight to tape it though. Table tennis on TV is a rare beast unless you get Eurosport.

3. keiths

keiths
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, he's not the player he used to be - think he's picked the right time to retire from the top level.

Hmmm, he's old enough to be my slightly younger brother :rolleyes: