Question Tab Tensioned - it it worth it??

I have a cheap 106" electric screen that is showing it's age. I see that Sapphire have a 122 inch electric for £560 that I thought would be a nice upgrade.

The thing is, the tab tensioned models seem to be double the price? Surely this cannot be worth it? I would have hoped that a good brand like Sapphire would be good enough without tab tensioned??

Confused! Any advice appreciated!!

jakimp

Distinguished Member
depends whether you want a flat screen i guess - i think once you buy a tab tensioned screen you will answer your own question

my first screen was a pull down beamax 106" model - nightmare as wouldnt lock in place and there were a couple of places where the screen had clear ripples that showed especially on light parts of the image and ruined my image

i have had the same draper react 2.1 screen now for 7 years which is tab tensioned and remote controlled - not cheap but the best money i have ever spent on av kit - works off my harmony remote perfectly flat image and the ALR makes my contrast miles better

for me you should buy right and then you buy once

Pic

I have a tab tensioned React 3.0 screen for sale in the classifieds if that’s of interest. Thanks

Sparky7ot

I just picked up a sapphire motorised 122" screen, its not tab tensioned for £100 second hand.
Its replaced a Luxberg 100" pull down, the edges curled really badly.

The sapphire is a massive improvement as you would expect and its totally flat IMO.

colinstone

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
136'' is going to look phenomenal. wow.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom