T59Z Alternative?

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by intr00d, Aug 20, 2018.

1. intr00d

intr00d
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

T95Z Plus S912 3GB+32GB Smart TV Box Octa Core Android 7.1 Dual WIFI 4K
    So I bought the above box for £60 - decent specs, but the OS and remote are atrocious.

Short of destroying the remote - at less than 1 metre range it struggles to pickup key presses with fresh batteries.

Now the OS - first thing I did was sign into Netflix - the 'Download for on the go' pop up appeared but for the life of me cannot get the thing off the screen, no matter what I try on the remote it will not get the thing off.

And no - I should not have to buy an extra mouse or accessory.

SO - what alternatives are out there for me? £80 and below preferably AND WORKING.

Thank you.

2. Bplayer

Bplayer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The remote should have a mouse mode toggle. This will put a mouse pointer on the screen and allow the directional keys to move the pointer. It is slow but it works. With this you should be able to navigate to selection box or X point to terminate the pop up.

3. bubblegum57

bubblegum57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +313
    I'll assume you have set the box back to defaults.

If you are willing to have a play you could install Libreelec or coreelec to usb, not touching android.

However, Netflix is not fully working on these os.

As for boxes, this guy does a lot of reviews of these types of boxes, Chigz Tech Reviews | Official Website for YouTube Tech Channel

I have a H96 Pro with android on the rom, & coreelec on a usb. There is a H96 Pro+ around as well.

I quite like the zidoo H6 pro, its a lot more at Amazon, than Gearbest

Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box YouTube 4K Netflix Full HD Streaming - £86.65 Free Shipping|GearBest.com

VORKE Z6 Plus KODI 17.4 Android 7.1.2 S912 4K TV BOX 3GB/32GB AC WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth 4.1

4. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Amazon FireTV if you want something more professional with Netflix. It's not an all media powerhouse but it plays all the common formats if you side load Kodi or purchase MrMC an app store approved fork of Kodi that's available via the FireTV store front.

If you still have this generic Android box you could try HAL TV Launcher which is a clone of the official Android TV UI, may or may not work better.

5. JabbaNut

JabbaNut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018