1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T32R DAB volume difference FM/DAB

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by muellec3, Jun 26, 2004.

1. muellec3

muellec3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi everybody

I just purchased a T32R DAB and am VERY happy with it.
    There's only one thing that disturbs me: When I listen to DAB stations thru the analogue output it is significantly louder than on the digital connection. The FM stations seem to be normal in sound level compared to the other sources.

The tuner is conected to my AV32R DP both ways, digital (single ended) and with analogue chinch cables.

Has anybody a cure for this phenomena ? Or is there something wrong with the DAB signal here in Switzerland ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Chris

2. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you calibrated the sensitivity on the analogue input?
    It's in the "analogue audio inputs" on the "Input option" menu of your DP.

3. muellec3

muellec3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello
    Yes I did - Sorry for not being specific in my first post: It is the difference in loudness when listening to FM or DAB though the T32R's analogue output . DAB is a lot louder than FM.
    Hence if I forget to switch inputs on the AV32R when zapping through the stations the loud DAB signal alway gives me a bit of a shock. Back to FM everything is normal again....
    Chris

4. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Chris,

Have a word with the TMA helpdesk as you may have an early one that hasn't had the output gain mods done to it (engineering change was around June 2001).

Alternatively if you're competent with a T10 torque driver and electronic equipment then take the lid off and check out the values of the following resistors:

R227 & R231 should be 100K (old ones were 47k)
    R223 and R224 should be 200K (old ones were 100k)
    R207 and R220 should be 200K (old ones were 330k)

This fixed two issues. Firstly the T32R could clip the input of the AV32R as the FM level was quite hot and the DAB/FM feeds were at different levels.

5. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I guess if your T32 is an early unit (like mine) it has to have an internal upgrade, they just change some internal parts. Delaudio did it here in Portugal to my unit and didn't even charged me anything. My AV32 kept giving me an "input overrange" error, don't know if it happens to you.

6. muellec3

muellec3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Steve and Mlinhares

Thanks for your replies. I'll take it to my TAG dealer and get it upgraded/fixed.
    Have a nice day
    Chris

7. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Its dead easy to do, I did ours ages ago in about 20 minutes having been sent a bag of resistors (very nice ones it has to be said) by John just to shut me up as I found the level mismatch a tad fustrating, no problems with the T32R at all were reported since (our unit was possibly the first sold retail) which makes it the most reliable TAG unit (along with the amps). I am sure your local service centre can do this perfectly well...... The tuning rotary encoder is lovely and apparently built specifically for this task and worth taking the lid off just to feel the quality of it (God knows what it must have cost in such small quantities!).