1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T32R + DAB User manual.

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by rolski, Jan 13, 2005.

1. rolski

rolski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone have an "electronic" copy of the T32R + DAB Tuner user manual that they can send me ?
    Thanks.

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you (it is 2Mb file so can't be posted here!) The last version I have is V3.7....

3. rolski

rolski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Graham,
    Have received the file - ta very much.

4. rolski

rolski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My T32R+DAB has finally arrived - minus the DAB due to some mis-communication between the German dealer & IAG (they sent a module for an AV192R) - but this should be added later this week.

Am up & running in FM & AM, but am a little confused about some of the "niceties" - in particular what's selectable on the display.
    It looks like to me that you can choose nearly all the options - e.g. Station name, frequency, signal strength, time, date etc etc - but only one will show in the central section of the T32R display, and nothing in the lower section.
    Also, in my AV32R-DP display I get the scrolling RDS-text, which I'd prefer to see in the T32R display to be honest.

So, what are the options & combinations of data that can be displayed at the same time ?

5. canavan

canavan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You should be able to select (almost?) everything that can be shown in the large display for the lower line as well - plus some more that can only show in the lower line. The up or down arrows shown beside the option determine which display is used. I think the radiotext on the AV's display is controlled in the TAGTronic/T32 section of the AV's setup.

Where did you buy your T32? Hifistudio Eins? MSP?

6. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all, first post.

I'm on the verge of buying one used T32R US version, with no manual.

1 - Can anybody email me a copy of the manual?

2 - Can this version be converted to european voltage by simply replacing the transformer?

3 - Can this version also be upgraded with the DAB module?

Best,

Luis

7. rolski

rolski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Canavan,
    Bought it at HiFi Eins - they seem to be the only retailer in the area still offering TMA products.

As for the display, I have for example selected the Station Name for the upper display & Frequency for the lower. I get the Station Name, but nothing in the lower dot-matrix display.
    Ideally, I think I'd like the Station name in the upper display, so I know what I'm listening to, and the RDS info or Signal Strength in the dot-matrix. I find the RDS in the AV32R display a little annoying....

The software I have at the moment is v3.70

8. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Easy to stop the RDS on the AV32R/display device, just go into the TAG bus menu for the T32R (on the AV32R setup menu) and turn it off......

PM me your e-mail address if you want the last edition of the T32R manual. It all becomes clear then......

9. rolski

rolski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have already turned the display off on the AV32R-DP - that was no problem at all.

The problem is with the T32R - and you've already mailed me the manual ! As far as I can see, you push the Data button & cycle through the options. When the "egg-timer" cycles through & changes to a "tick", then I presume that that's what you'll get in the display.
    Logically, I can select only one form of Data for the upper display, but you can make multiple (?!) selections for the lower display - or just one - but nothing shows....

10. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Luis, the US version of the T32R need to be converted for European frequencies and AC voltage. As far as I remember, the first is done in software and the second by changing connections inside the unit. A qualified TAG McLaren Audio retailer should be able, with the help of IAG, to manage this. All T32R can be upgraded to DAB.

11. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Rolski, are you saying you never get anything in the lower part of the display? Is this even true when you power up the T32R?

12. rolski

rolski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Dr. Zucker,
    When it powers-up I get the TMA logo in the dot-matrix, followed by "Tuner T32R", and then nothing.

But, when I'm tuning for example, the signal strength bars etc do show - it's just the "convenience" options of more information or RDS etc during normal operation that are not showing.

Perhaps a Master Reset is in order ?
    I don't like this method as it's better to understand the problem - or the mistake being made - but is there a key combination that serves the purpose ?

13. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    This is RDS as in FM we are talking about here or DAB as in DAB text??
    master reset isn't a combination button press as far as I remember, it is simply a menu option to reset all, which wipes everything and puts it back to out of the box mode.... The T32R Menu is not as good as a proper OSD but then it would cost more if it did.....

14. rolski

rolski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Am only referring to FM RDS at the moment.
    There was a mix-up between my local retailer & IAG which meant that IAG sent a AV192R DAB-module instead of the correct T32R module - so I'm using a "vanilla" T32R until the end of the week.

Will also have to sort out a decent DAB Antenna - I'm on the top floor & there's a flat roof (and no access) so that could be a challenge....

Anyway, the T32R's an extremely impressive unit as it stands, just a shame that the Dot-matrix doesn't want to play ball....

15. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I'm not sure our unit did that on FM, maybe the DAB module needs to be fitted for that option to work? Must admit it is a very very long time since I played with the T32RDAB unit.... The manual wasn't the best written one for menu navigation either........ Spock might have understood it (the pointed eared one) but........

16. rolski

rolski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have just performed the Factory Defaults reset - and the Dot-matrix is back....
    :)
    No idea why - perhaps it had something to do with the constant fiddling of settings & the TAGtronic bus & the AV32R-DP settings ? Or maybe it was just a little tired after having been in the box for so long....
    :confused:
    Anyway, thanks for all your comments - mostly ( :p ) useful as usual - lets hope my DAB module upgrade from Hr.Beyer goes smoothly & according to plan this week !
    ;)

17. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Ah we call that "button trouble" here..... At least its sorted out now! Tne DAB module is dead easy to fit, Herr Beyer (hope I've typed that correctly)will do that with his eyes closed probably.... In the good old days it was actually a user fit option so...... I still think its the best radio sensible (ish) money can buy....

18. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Udo, hope you're enjoying today's sun. Thanks for the info.

If I end up by getting the US tuner, I will go to Delaudio to see if they can convert it. If they can't or won't, I have read in the specs that the frequencies differences aren't much of a concern since the FM range is the same as well as the manual tuning steps. I can also always use a quality stepdown transformer to get 120V for the T32R.

And sorry to repeat the question, can anyone mail me a copy of the T32R manual (european version, naturally), since that is not available at IAG's web site?

Luis

19. DanielB

DanielB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I'm sure
    Hartmut Bayer will check it :)

Regards
    Daniel

20. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Luis, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the manual over...

21. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Which ever way you spell it he is a very nice chap and give him my regards when you see him.

22. DanielB

DanielB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Graham
    i give my best, Hartmut does also investigate his time in my "sound corrupt problem"
    for what i sent him my "faulty" DVD's. Probably i will meet him this month if he is going on a voyage to Switzerland.

Regards
    Daniel