1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T3

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by MrFurious, Jul 31, 2003.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    Does the classic terminator music appear in the 3rd one?

2. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Very briefly mate but you have to be listening out for it. I didn´t realise it was in there at all till I got the soundtrack and then saw the film for a second time

3. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Is T3 with a DTS sountrack in UK, or is it only the Dolby Digital versions released over here?

4. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At our local Odeon the film was in DTS, but the film was really quiet & didn't have enough volume to terrify me...

Was a bit disappointed about that!

5. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I thought the same about the sound, too quiet for my liking. Entertaining film though - best I've seen a long while at the cinema.

6. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    DTS Soundtrack at my local UCI was excellent, the film wasnt half bad either !!

I'd give it a 9 for the soundtrack & a 7 1/2 for the film.. or maybe an 8 !!

:D

7. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,510
    saw it today, not bad, couple of mistakes though.

8. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I came back for watching it, T3 was good and bad.

You could definatly tell it was not directed by James Cameron.

It was fast paced, but timing was a bit iffy in places, I felt some scenes cut in and out with no finesse, James knows how to build the mood of the scene from its start, in T3 some of the parts just cut straight in and out.

I noticed this exact same problem with Matrix Reloaded.

T3 certainly has more comedy, although the two boing impact sounds used in the film were a bit over the top.

You say the sound was not loud.

Where I saw it the sound track was v loud, lots of strong bass, effects and explosions, I can't wait to hear this film on my home setup.

I do want to see the next part T4.

I will probebly see T3 again soon to have another watch there are a few parts I will probebly enjoy more with a second viewing.

9. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    just got back from uci swansea and it was in dts,sounded great,the film was excellent too,much better than hulk and matrix reloaded,even the wife liked it :eek:

10. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I just got back from seeing it in the THX cinema in portsmouth - it was great to see the THX terminator trailer in the cinema! The sound was great, very loud and lots of bottom end. I thought the score was lacking, there wasn't any use of the original terminator "anthem" during the film, and the some of the key action scenes did not have any background music at all! very dissapointed by that. The opening titles were pretty poor, white text on a black background with no memorable music. I thought the comedy was a bit over the top at times, but it was amusing. It's a good film in its own right (I will be buying it on DVD) but doesn't beat the highly polished T1 or T2 by a long shot.

Columbia Tristar - I can smell the superbit already!

11. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't think the film was anything special really...

The beginning was extremely rushed and had a very 'Businness As Usual' feel to it (and why, oh why, was Kristanna Loken plastered with make-up immediaely after her time-travel?).

The action sequences were moderately good, although in all honesty it didn't look to me as though the film had a budget of $180 million.

The actors in the Lead Roles (aside from Arnie), were simply complete misfires. And the film as a whole was basically a 2 hour long chase, and the poignant intellect of Dialogue from the previous two films is well and truly dead.

The ending was a surprize, and its meaning resonnates very succesfully with the second film's ending (the value of human life and the result of its existence), although it does tend to side-slap you a little & leaves you a bit stunned & confused as opposed to satisfied or intreagued.

Although I'd agree - better than The Matrix Reloaded by a long way (but then again, it's very very different).

12. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    spot on about the music and terminator anthem,the effects were excellent,i watched the original today and yes the effects in that look bad now but the film is still a classic,with the matrix i just felt that there was no hero in it anymore,maybe need to watch it more on dvd.

13. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    T3 was a major disappointment IMO. Not a bad film in it's own right but a long long way behind T1 & T2 :(.

14. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,138
    HI,

Saw it last night and it was very good entertainment. Great action, funny, Story a little lacking. Pace of film was good.

Now my main gripe is that the story has not moved forward, we all know how it all started with skynet, etc, maybe not in the detail the film went into, but it would of been nice for the film to have been set in the future with the resistence groups. T3 played out like T2, with the story, with the action. T3 could almost have been the extended T2.

Real shame linda could not have done T3, and why was edward Furlong not in it?, Linda in T1 and T2, is a part of Terminator story, the new people were fine, but it felt a bit de-attached to parts 1 and 2 with new people.

The new female terminator, who was almost a dead ringer for tasmin outwaizt (cant spell it) from eastenders was quite a hotty.

Film was a bit short in length , another 30 mintues set in the future would of made it better i think. The director did a good job anyway with the look and action.

rai

15. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Linda Hamilton wasn't in it because she'd split up with James Cameron & when proposed with the idea of doing the film she assumed he'd be directing it so said no...

After she said no she was written out of the script so when cameron turned it down aswell it was too late for her to change her mind.

Edward Furlong wasn't in it because he's become a drug-crazed wierdo and the producers wanted somebody who'd actually turn up for filming to star in the movie.

The TX looks nothing like the bint from Eastenders IMHO.

And wouldn't detatched suffice as opposed to "de-attatched"?

The director did moderately well with a poor script IMHO - but I remain unconvinced that Jonothan Mostow was the best man for the job.

16. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I thought it was a cracking night out. Leave brain in foyer and enjoy!!
    Saw this at a THX approved cinema in Crawley - all I can say is :eek:
    I will be seeing it again and can't wait for the DVD!!

17. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,138
    Hi, thanks for your response.

Yes, sometimes being busy at work, my mind is to full and the odd typo happens, god, if we all went through everyones messages, and pick up on typos, we would need another subject folder on this forum!.

So who would have been your choice for director, apart from cam?.

At least it was not Anderson.

ta

rai

18. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I think John Woo is my favourite action director - he'd have made the film rather cool...

Ridley Scott (who was linked to it at one point) would have also been pretty good...

But like I said - the script was a fairly limiting factor anyway. And as for your Typo - well, it wasn't a typo was it?

19. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    problem with john woo,we would of had arnie doing slow-mo summersaults while fireing his mini gun while doves fly past in the background:D

20. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have a major problem with this film. It's underlineing message is that we can't change fate, and that the destruction of mankind and the rise of machines is inevitable. This is not a good message, it cancels out everything we were taught in Terminator 2 about being able to change fate "the future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves" T2 ended with them having changed destiny and the slate wiped clean. The only way they can redeem themselves is to make a Termintor 4 which does save man kind in the end, otherwise T3 is sending out what I feel is the wrong message.

21. r47463

r47463
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as action films go it was pretty good. But it should have been so much more for what it is. In making a summer popcorn muncher out of the series I don't feel like they stayed true to the Terminator. I saw no real fear in anyone during this film, compared to say Arnie busting through the police station or when Sarah Connor was clawing herself away from the T-800 at the Pescadero State Mental Hospital. There was non of the darkness or pre-apocalyptic gloominess. So perhaps T-X was not convincing enough for me and didn't send shivers down my spine, or perhaps I couldn't give a stuff whether John Connor or Kate Brewster lived or died - they weren't very likeable actors and I felt Kate Brewster accepted what was happening too easily. There wasn't a lot of emotion from her following her workplace being trashed, father and fiance killed. But I'm pretty glad they didn't spend any more time with her because she served little purpose in the film other than flying the plane to 'Skynet'. Arnie played to the cameras too much for my liking, mocking the Terminator with the camp sunglasses and "She'll be back" line. I also found it a little strange when John Connor asked Arnie to do something and he said "I am not programmed to follow orders" then a couple of minutes later he was?! I wanted to like this film, but unfortunately I couldn't.

22. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    He (The Terminator) was not programmed to follow John Connors orders..he was under the command of Kate Brewster..who sent him back through the time machine...

23. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    the terminator in t3 was the same one that killed john conner in the future,this is how they must of captured one again,reprogrammed by kate and sent back,i had an arguement toady with a customer of mine,the above was my version of events?

24. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I agree

25. Iam

Iam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The plot's a bit iffy, but I liked the film regardless. At the Showcase in Bristol the sound was too quiet as well.

I was n't entirely satisfied with the baddee death scene ... came a tad too sudden/easy, but the overall downbeat ending was good for me.

26. CrackDown

CrackDown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Watched it at a THX certified 6.1 DTS cinema. The nuke at the beginning threw me 6ft into the air. Superb!

27. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I tought that was a good touch, that Connor's wife sent the Terminator that killed her husband back in time to save him. Now he knows how he's gonna die and it can be avoided. Also liked the cemetry scenes with Dr Silberman.

Mr Furious, the Terminator stated that he was captured and reprogrammed by Kate. So I think that when asked who killed John Connor and the Terminator replied "I did!" sort of stitched that whole plotline up.

I was also a bit annoyed by the lack of Terminator Theme music at the beginning of the movie. This should have been ratified in international law :D

Also, when Arnie put the star glasses on I had a real sinking feeling that the movie would take a bit of the p**s out of the original movies (the same with Dr Silberman in the Cemetry). That whole barroom scene was just crying out for "Guitars Cadillacs and Hillbilly Music" and "Bad To The Bone"!

Overall though, I'd give the movie 8/10. The sound in Warner, Belfast was deafening with great bass extension. There was no indication of whether it was dd or dts.

Oh, and I can't wait for the dvd either.

28. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    ***** SPOILERS ALERT *****

Saw the film at my local UCI, Lee Valley, in a large DTS equiped auditorium. Dunno if the print they were running was with a DTS soundtrack thoough, it didn't sound like it. Surround sound effects were good but I was screaming for the projectionist to turn that subwoofer on.

I enjoyed T3 as a film in its own right, but wasn't as good as the first two. Stylewise, for me the film didn't feel like a regular Terminator film, lacking Cameron's touch and the opening music we all know and love. The Kate Brewster character felt like she was written in just as a last minute replacement for Sarah Connor, though it was cleverly done. (Anyone know why Linda Hamilton objected to doing T3?) Someone asked here about Ed Furlong's (young John Connor in T2) absence in the latest film.....he was originally considered for the role but film-makers booted him out because of his drug-taking. The replacement actor handled the rol well, I thought.

The film was too short and too fast-paced in places (OK, so I'm too accustomed to watching the lengthy T2!). Didn't like the way the two terminators arrive in the biginning of the film and they both immediately knew where to go, giving the film this "business-as-usual" feel.

Defying the "No fate" message that's constantly hammered into our heads in T1 and T2, I didn't mind that conclusion of the film that tells us no matter how much we try to run away or change the future, we can't escape fate. There is always something that makes sure that the set future happens. It was kinda surreal, but I liked it.

Few questions raised in my head:

If the machines realised Kate Brewser an additional threat to the machines (she was a main target in T3), why didn't they send Terminators to bump her off in the previous films?

Each time the machines send some super advanced Terminator to kill John, I understand why the resistance can only aquire some obsolete T800 model as a protector because these T800's are easy to capture and reprogram. But why do they send only ONE protector, how can they be so confident that alone it can protect John from such a high-tech cybernetic? They can always send back a whole team to make sure they have a decent headcount to defeat the T1000 and TX. Even if they can only capture one T800, they can send some trained human fighters to help it.

Why do the resistence always have to wait for a bad terminator to be sent to kill John Connor? Isn't it about time the resistence send forces back in time to stop the establishment of Skynet?

I thought Kyle Reese said in T1 that the humans won the war against the machines and they destroyed Skynet, just as the machines teleported the T800 to kill Sarah. So why is the future war continuing, allowing Skynet to create more advanced Terminators? And why hasn't Skynet titghtened its defenses around that time machine by now, stopping the resistence from sending their protectors?

Skynet is all a software virus, no such system core? So what was Kyle referring to in T1 when he talked of some central core?

Not trying to sound negative from all this, but those were questions raised after watching T3. I hope T4 will answer those. I'm looking forward to T4 anyway, planned as the conclusion that completes the sequel. It's like the forthcoming "Star Wars Episode 3", we know where it's all leading to but we can't wait to see it anyway. :)

29. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    You just had to see eddie furlong on graham nortons show to see why they passed on him,he was small,quite chubby and looked and sounded out of it,he would of not looked right in the film

30. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +835
    just read through all the comments in this thread and just about agree with all of them. I thought the new actors in this one carried it through well enough. The one thing i didnt like was the TX womans human-like scowls whenever she was thwarted - not nearly as affective as the constant, cold expressions of arnie and Robert Patrick. Strangely enough though, the scowl in question, did look effective, when her face was stripped down to bare metal (near the end).

I really hope T4 doesent include arnie though - i just dont see a need for him, in what i hope the final part is about - the actual war.