1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T3 v Hulk - flop ???

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by baldbird, Jun 20, 2003.

?
  1. Hulk

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. T3

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. baldbird

baldbird

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's Friday, sunny and I don't want to be in work, so now time for another vote.
    I'm not too sure about either the Hulk or T3. I was quite looking forward to the hulk, but the trailers have put me right off and from something I expected to be great, I'm not looking forward to it - it's a story that could be a great film but I don't think it will be.
    On the other side, I was dreading T3, I thought it would spoil the series and just be an expensive way to prove that arnies past it, but from what I've seen heard and read about it I now think it's going to be a good film. Maybe I've just fallen to the marketing machine, but I'm really looking forward to it. So rather than which we're looking forward too most, how about voting on which we think will be the biggest dissapointment ??

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,680
    Bit of a "the glass is half empty" kind of person aren't we?:D

Personally I think they'll both be crap, so I guess my glass is completely empty:zonked:

3. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Hulk is getting some good write ups and I for one am looking forward to seeing it. T3 also look good. Why don't you wait until you've seen these films and then decide?

4. baldbird

baldbird

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just wondering what the anticipation is like, one of them is going to fall, and I was dreading one but looking forward to the other but changed due to feeders etc, just wondering.....!

5. Mr.The.Spoon

Mr.The.Spoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My expectations of Hulk are low enough that it will be hard to be disappointed. On the other hand, the last two Terminator movies are two of my favorite movies so (even trying to be sensible) my expectations of T3 are way too high.

Already had this happen this year. X-Men2 expectations low, happily surprised. Matrix Reloaded very high, bit disappointed (but still enjoyed it).

6. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I voted for T3, but in retrospect, I'll probably be more disappointed with Hulk. I expect T3 to be utterly awful, so it won't be much of a disappointment. My expectations for Hulk are pretty low, but I still expect some entertainment value.

Yes... slow Friday = pointless response from me :)

7. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    T3 looks utter pants.

8. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    T3 looks ok, but far better than the Chuck.

9. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having seen the Hulk, I am certain that T3 will be the poorer film, by far...

10. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,502
    I never understood why that was a pessimistic view, to me ‘Half Empty’ means I have had the pleasure of half all ready and have an other half to go, whereas the ‘Half full’ has only been given a half (the poor sod).:confused:

Back to the films: I cannot see how the story would progress with the Hulk as he destroys things yet you are supposed to take his side.

11. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As long as the good guys are destroying bad guys/bad things, surely that's how most heros work?

The Hulk film has a much more complex backstory than, say, the Spiderman film and you do 'connect' with what he's doing. In fact, you pretty much have to be on his side. It's some of the fully human characters in the film that are the real monsters...

12. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Agree juboy,having seen this aswell,I can only say how slow the film progresses is bad(20 mins too long)
    The acting is strange,as it looks like eric bana was hardly bothered(maybe the directors fault?)The CG's are not bad but seem rather out of place in this type of slow building film-if it had been more action orientated from the start,like x-men it would have been great.
    5/10:lesson: must do better!!!

13. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eric Bana doesn't exactly shine. After seeing him in Chopper I fear he may never reach that level of acting again though. I've mentioned on another forum that the scenes between Bana and Connelly are less 'real' than some of the CGI Hulk's acting.

Mind you, I bet the Hulk will easily out-act Arnie in T3 :laugh:

I still prefer the film to Spiderman and X Men though - although I guess it's closer to the first 15 minutes of the first X Men film than the typical superhero movie fare.

14. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Must admit my expectations are high. Ang Lee directing this kind of movie has my curiosity piqued...

15. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,530
    Just come back from LA so.........................................I,ve seen the Hulk.........:D

Kev

16. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    AND!!!!:boring: :boring: Only joking,what did you think?

17. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,530
    BE CAREFUL HERE..............I'M TRYING NOT TO GIVE TOO MUCH AWAY !!!

Overall............i did enjoy the movie.
    However, the first half hour, or the introduction, was exactly that, half an hour..........too long. This could have been shorter.
    To be honest i expected the CGI to be better, not that it was bad, i just expected more. There are some good action pieces.
    I couldn,t quite take to Bana,s character.......bad casting / directing maybe ?
    The last half hour or so got a bit silly ( yes i know ) and almost a cartoon into film, ( if you,ve seen it you,ll know )

Tis still worth seeing at the cinema, big screen, blah, blah, blah.

My rating 6 / 10

Cheers
    Kev

18. docspawn

docspawn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I am a real critic when i comes to films and i was well
    up to slag off the Hulk when i saw it but to my delight
    i thought it was great....very happy man
    D.S.

19. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    at tonights charidee premiere at the Empire Leicester Sq.

Ang Lee was there and gave a short speech before the film and Eric Bana, Josh Lucas and Jennifer Connelly briefly wandered up to wave at everyone.

I too thought the film was too slow in places and far too unbelievable in others. Why spend ages trying to set up credible characters and follow it with totally "incredible" looking action pieces?

Some cool Comanche helos and F22 Lightning fighters amongst the military hardware on show though...

IMO not as good as Spiderman, which I was still not a big fan of, and certainly not as good as X Men 1 (haven't seen X2 yet!).