T3 Readers vote Bose cubes best av speakers

z5461313

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

I don't know if you have seen the latest issue of T3 - the technology mag

The Bose cubes were voted best AV speakers by the readers taking into account size and sound quality and suitability for an average size living room

Personally I am pleased to see this award and have always thought they produce a good sound ( and of course they look smashing )

The mind boggles.:rolleyes:
Actually, out of interest, what were they compared with?

Originally posted by z5461313
The Bose cubes were voted best AV speakers by the readers taking into account size and sound quality and suitability for an average size living room.

Perhaps they could send each of those readers a box of cotton buds to thank them for taking part in the survey:D

Matt.

Originally posted by Jase
Actually, out of interest, what were they compared with?

The Soundpax cardboard speakers and a pair obtained from the back of a white Transit :D

What you talkin' about, the speakers I got from the back of a white Transit are-

Um... ahem.

Never mind.

:)

hi all
just like to say i think people buy this [bose] because of the prestige of the name .my wifes uncle has just finished furnishing their newly built home1.5million ,he had 27,000 pounds worth of bose stuff installed he then proudly gave us a demo.the sound was ok on par sony 550 but for 27,000 no way.he had 3 bose lifestyle 50 and 2 lifestyle35.later on he said he wished he'd just bought bose wave radio cd as this to him sounded as good[he's got two of these]so imo i think the bose name goes a long way in selling not the sound.
gonzo

Originally posted by gonzo
i think people buy this [bose] because of the prestige of the name

It's prestigious only to those fashion conscious types that put form before function. Bose speakers are to hifi what the Rav4 is to offroading but there will always be a huge market for their products thanks to the glossy ads in the Sunday Times

Hey, I have these speakers and their great. I paid a lot of money for them and they ar class

Mmmm,
The local bose dealer around these parts is called.....

Pratts

;)

I use Bose professional speakers for conferences and ceremonies and the like.

They are absolutely first class.

And many times I have been tempted by the Bose Radio/CD player advertised in the glossy mags.

But the prices - megaouch!

It's a life style thing and i would recommend the Sony Home Cinema system at around £300 or less, which will sound just as good and has sexy small speakers, as well as the sub-woof woof...

Bose equals Dosh - and what for at the end of the day?

Supposedly it implies your sexual orientation.

Presumably in this case it means 'I like getting shafted by large manufacturers, whom I pay a great deal for the privillege of providing me with this unique service.'

Quite honestly if that's their 'bag' then fair play to them, though I think most of us on these forums would prefer the traditional full range option, with a nice meaty sub for that low end thump.
:D :D :D

The above should not be read in anything even vaguely approaching a tongue in cheek manner.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom