T2 Skynet Edition - No Special Features?

JediGarry

Established Member
Reaction score
I've recently picked up T2 Skynet Edition on bd and for some reason the special features aren't showing up in the menu?

I have the Sony BDP-S570 and have the latest firmware but the only options I get are Film, Scenes and Bonus. In bonus there's only Video Configuration and Audio Configuration.

As this bd is supposed to have loads of special features I'm at a loss as to where I access them or anything. There's literally no other options at that screen. There's also a code on the back of the case but again, no clue as to where to enter it?

If anyone else has had this issue would be grateful for any advice.

Cheers :)

I've recently picked up T2 Skynet Edition on bd and for some reason the special features aren't showing up in the menu?

I have the Sony BDP-S570 and have the latest firmware but the only options I get are Film, Scenes and Bonus. In bonus there's only Video Configuration and Audio Configuration.

As this bd is supposed to have loads of special features I'm at a loss as to where I access them or anything. There's literally no other options at that screen. There's also a code on the back of the case but again, no clue as to where to enter it?

If anyone else has had this issue would be grateful for any advice.

Cheers :)

Sounds like the menu options I had on my French HD-DVD release which would mean you have the original UK BD release and not the Skynet release, where did you get it from?

Last edited:
if you grabbed this second hand it sounds like you have been stiffed

It sounds like you've got the original barebones disc in a Skynet case.

$(KGrHqF,!iUE2Lec+P26BN)uZ8r5+w~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!gwE160cou),BNnI49EE8!~~_12.JPG

The original barebones disc has the best PQ but T2 is dying to wait for Cameron treatment.

Thanks for all the help and comments guys.

I will check the disc later and if it's the barebones disc I'll be down to Blockbuster to dish out a couple of back 'anders.

:thumbsup:

You definitely have the original release.

I've just bought this Blu Ray disc from Asda, marked at £8, but went through the till at £6 :thumbsup:
It goes on skynet to update for about 10 mins or more, with lots of loading screens, then says I dont have a BD live player, and skynet functions arnt available..yes I have the ultimate edition, whats the code again to unlock the extras, I already have the T2 Ultimate edition DVD R1 version with the metal cover, but havnt got this blu ray player unlocked yet so cant play it, and I forgot the code, I know its judgement day,lol
So has anyone else got the problem with skynet on the BDP S 570 ?

Last edited:
The code is written on the back of the case: 82997.

Yeah i found that, thanks, anyone else have the skynet probs, I deleted all my BD live memory, but still tries to download for ages then tells me i dont have a profile 2.0 player, so no skynet :lease:

And mind as much as that first StudioCanal/Optimum release is a great transfer it's only the 'short' version of the film ie that was shown at the cinema.

The Skynet has both (and more) versions.

No it isn't, it's the long version.

Yup, the Optimum disc has the long version only. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Yup, the Optimum disc has the long version only. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
Why is that? Surely not on technical grounds?

Ah, that's right it's the long version. I only knew this myself when I sat down to watch it -and ended up not and having to find my Toshiba HDDVD remote. I'm getting mixed up with the sister France release on HDDVD which was a 2 discer which does indeed have both versions.

Maybe an error (porting one of the discs' encodes) or ignorance on the behalf of Optimum who seem to release whatever they find lying around in skips, [-]dusty cupboards[/-] film vaults or their French owner's throw them over the Channel.

Also worth remembering this was a very early UK Blu-ray and Universal-Vivendi (the then owner of StudioCanal/Optimum) where forcefully backing HD (especially HDDVD) on disc and released a massive amount of stuff. They were shovelling it into the French market. Any old HD transfer off Canal+ would do the job nicely but saying that T2 has always impressed me no matter the transfer. A bit bright on some releases but still excellent.

Skynet has 3 versions

Yeah, I think it's just a port essentially of the worldwide Ultimate Edition with fancier menus.

Only looked at a few bits of the extended extended and I didn't like it. I didn't really like the extended either but it has some interesting stuff in it.

Cinema version is the only version I like and I mind the producers had to threaten him to cut the film down which was no bad thing. Cameron would just go on and on and on. And on.

That's why we have Avatar :D

I've just bought this Blu Ray disc from Asda, marked at £8, but went through the till at £6 :thumbsup:
It goes on skynet to update for about 10 mins or more, with lots of loading screens, then says I dont have a BD live player, and skynet functions arnt available..yes I have the ultimate edition, whats the code again to unlock the extras, I already have the T2 Ultimate edition DVD R1 version with the metal cover, but havnt got this blu ray player unlocked yet so cant play it, and I forgot the code, I know its judgement day,lol
So has anyone else got the problem with skynet on the BDP S 570 ?

No problems here.

I admit I haven't watched it from start to finish on my S570 yet but I did test it to see how quickly it loaded, knowing it was a slow disc on my old S350, and I had no problems getting to the menu nor playing the movie. I only watched a few minutes of the opening though.

Make sure you have the latest (I think 752) firmware update. If you're using internal BDLive memory (which I am) and it doesn't work then try switching to the a USB memory stick in the external rear port. If that doesn't worth either then try loading it with External Memory set in the player menu and NO memory stick inserted.

You could also try disabling BDLive from the player's menu as well.

The movie section is not a problem, thanks
Can you get the skynet features to load ok ?
Does it update on the net as soon as you put the disc in ?

Just tried to play my UK Skynet edition from the T-800 skull and it hangs when played in my Oppo 83, PS3 slim and a Panasonic Freesat/BR player.....just constant 'Skynet mainframe accessing...' etc..

It looks as if it tries to call the mothership and when no-one answers, it just hangs.

The special features/extras server must have been taken offline.

Last edited:
Just tried to play my UK Skynet edition from the T-800 skull and it hangs when played in my Oppo 83, PS3 slim and a Panasonic Freesat/BR player.....just constant 'Skynet mainframe accessing...' etc..

It looks as if it tries to call the mothership and when no-one answers, it just hangs.

The special features/extras server must have been taken offline.

Maybe it's become self-aware...

I fixed it, pick a different region when you first put the disc in let it load, then start again with UK , and it works :)

Wondering if anyone knows how to access the classified features in the BD Live section of the BD live on the Blu-ray. It says that I dont have access. There are 3 classified tabs. Please inform. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom