1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T2, Play 247 and all that in one

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dUnKle, Sep 3, 2000.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,458
    Ok
    stop your whining and moaning
    Play have the thing
    I have actually got an e-mail from them confirming it has been posted so I guess it shall be here for Wednesday.
    Now the e-mail was recieved today, a Sunday, and I honestly believe that they are working to resolve the problem.
    I wrote to PLAY myself in the week to add my support and thanks for there customer service in the past, I sent my message at 8.30pm and had a reply ( personal ) 15 mins later thanking me and the other people who have showed support.
    I have one hope at the moment and call me sad and sadistic but that is that MRKIRK does not get his copy ( sorry mate )
    I guess working in retail I can really apreciate Plays position in all this and I guess thats what prompted me to create the impatient people and other annoying things thread other in the general forum.
    No doubt problems like this will arrive in the future but hey thats life.

To all those people who may be under the impression PLAY are not good, then believe me, they are. You may get things cheaper from other sites but it will not happen often. Some of the big films are 14.99 delivered direct to your door.

I say keep up the good work

Oh and Mrkirk only joking [​IMG]

2. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Got it on Friday, sorry if that upsets you. One point - why are you carrying on, or giving the impression of carrying on, a personal vendetta against me. Because I expressed disappointment at the way Play handled the whole T2 incident does not give you the right to castigate me publicly.

It's a free world and I spoke my own mind, nothing more.

I just hope my MIB Limited Edition arrives this week.

------------------
    You tried and failed miserably. the lesson is - Never Try. Here endeth the lesson.

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,458
    [​IMG] boy have i touched a nerve

no im not having a go at you at all, what ever geve u that idea, please note I said only joking at the end of the previous post.

What is strange however is you are the only one to reply so you must have an intrest in hunting down my posts and seeing what i have wrote about you. Kinda like Robbie Williams buying the Sun every day.

Im glad you got your copy, was it worth the wait ?

The reason I got kinda upset is b'cos I work in the retail business and have done for 8 years. I know what a situation like this is like from both sides and just was caught on a bad day.

If I upset you that much them im sorry.

Oh and not sure if your interested but PLAY have the Hellraiser 1 and 2 box set for 17.99 as well

4. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Sorry for seeming a bit touchy, but I don’t appreciate it much when it appears I’m having to take a lot of flak from one person over nothing much at all. The T2 set was a wedding anniversary present from my wife and we had been hoping to settle down and watch the movie on our anniversary night (we originally went to see the movie just after we got married – incidentally, my wife’s birthday is August 29th. Some would maybe consider this my Judgement Day).

I haven’t been following your threads in particular, but I have been showing a real interest in the Play thing. 2 reasons for this. First, I have friends that still have T2 on order from them and who are quite annoyed at the delay in receiving a movie which is readily available from other sources. Second, online suppliers have been taking quite a bit of stick recently in newsgroups and in the HCC forums for complacency and bad service, and Play has been one of the suppliers targeted. I have used them on many occasions and will in all likelihood continue to. I just got a gut feeling on this one that the stories may have carried some truth, hence I switched my order to Movietyme. I do accept, however, that Artisan are the real culprits here.

Play’s site still does not confirm the availability of T2. I just hope that they do have the movie in stock, for your’s and all their other customers’ sake.

As for the disc content, if you’re a T2 fan, you’re gonna be blown away. They shouldn’t be able to get this much on a dvd.

I hope we can shake and make up now.

------------------
    You tried and failed miserably. the lesson is - Never Try. Here endeth the lesson.

5. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,458
    happy anniversary
    no hard feelings
    my copy is in the post as we speak
    take care
    oh and watch out for malcolm mcdowell and dodgy metal briges

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    terminator arrived this morning from play, 2 dvd 9,s with metal case,well worth the wait,have watched about 1 hour so far,the sound in dts is superb,the picture also first class,for £17.99 it has to be steal.